Rezzing in Private Areas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, I have seen two instances where someone rezzed in a "group only" area. In one case the owner of the object was Estate Banned. Neither were group members. How is this possible? 

51 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

bugs.jpg

Lol, one of them was disassembling a "gift collar" to check for malicious code, and told me straight up that could  rezz without permission. 

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Did you check the parcel settings?

Yes. I had to remind my friends to switch to the group to rezz.  Second time it's on my SIM and I had Estate Banned that person!!!

• 2 weeks later...

And I found out how a banned person could come into my Sim. From the person who owns the land where I have my Island estate. There ARE exploits that at person can utilize. It's not an easy thing do though,  because certain criteria have to be met.

18 hours ago, Bagnu said:

And I found out how a banned person could come into my Sim. From the person who owns the land where I have my Island estate. There ARE exploits that at person can utilize. It's not an easy thing do though,  because certain criteria have to be met.

Than make a security jira so the lab is aware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Than make a security jira so the lab is aware.

I'll ask the landowner to do that. I don't know enough to answer any questions LL might have.

5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I'll ask the landowner to do that. I don't know enough to answer any questions LL might have.

there are a few tricks which are not security related,  rezzing an prim transparent at 100% and sliding it into the land, with the root prim on another parcel and rezzing ontop of it,  is possible too.   that has been a problem since I started 14 years ago.  so if it's one of those.  I dont see it getting fixed. but yeah contact hte land owner and have htem do it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.