unable to log in

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@SD170: That is a generic error, usually caused by a poor connection or in your case your computer's firewall or antivirus not letting the viewer connect.  Check that the viewer is permitted to access the internet (in Firewall security permissions), also any other executables like voice or similar.

Edited by Aishagain
spelling
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SDI70 said:

I Checked everything but still it exists

it remains at this stage" requesting region capabilities" but doesn't go more!

try restarting your router

then try logging in to a different region. Try Pooley region which is the go to region for many people when they have this problem

It would be helpful if you'd tell us what operating system you are using and what viewer, in which version. If it's an older one - you may have some problems. To quote Inara, and the Lab...

https://modemworld.me/2021/11/02/2021-sug-meeting-week-44-summary/

As per the announcement by April Linden on October 8th, Linden Lab turned off support for Transport  Layer  Security (TLS) 1.0 and TLS 1.1  security protocols on all log-in services (in line with the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) having officially deprecated both protocols in March 2021). However, it resulted for older services running Windows 7 (lacking TLS 1.2 support unless running with Service Pack 1 – see BUG-231303 “Scripted agents can no longer log in”, and also this blog post from Cinder Roxley.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok my turn to have this problem. This began occurring as of roughly 13 hours-ish ago - FS Viewer 64531, Win 10.  Eventually, I was able to log in - no idea why or what changed but now it's occurring again since logging out about an hour or so ago - can't get back in.

The message I receive is:  https://gyazo.com/e2094732f86cee7487aa1b839b702264

My system settings, internet and security are all green lights and happy faces; the Server Status page says nothing.

I did put in a ticket last night but I assume they're busy and will get to it when they can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, Kia Kiyori said:

Ok my turn to have this problem. This began occurring as of roughly 13 hours-ish ago - FS Viewer 64531, Win 10.  Eventually, I was able to log in - no idea why or what changed but now it's occurring again since logging out about an hour or so ago - can't get back in.

The message I receive is:  https://gyazo.com/e2094732f86cee7487aa1b839b702264

My system settings, internet and security are all green lights and happy faces; the Server Status page says nothing.

I did put in a ticket last night but I assume they're busy and will get to it when they can.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:11 AM, Kia Kiyori said:

Just in case anyone comes across this and finds themselves in the same situation, in my instance it turned out to be the VPN blocking login. They're working to find out why, but try turning off your VPN and see if you can log in then.

Im not understanding 

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.