Same shape, different height

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, my alt is basically a double of me, except for one thing. I can never get us to match in height.

• Same shape - in fact I transferred some new ones today, without any editing at all, we are wearing the exact same shape (but this happens with all shapes)
  • Same body and head.
  • Detached literally everything else.
  • Hover height set to zero.
  • Footbases removed.
  • AO disabled and in same A-pose

Literally everything is identical, except my height is 6.7 feet and Nel is 7.2 feet.  This is driving me nuts. Why is this happening?

526871234_shapeweirdnessmatti.thumb.jpg.dcbbb251ab453ab75514819f753e3532.jpg

426567929_shapeweirdnessnelya.thumb.jpg.175770488f26e14c1588ce67fd091ec4.jpg

23 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

So, my alt is basically a double of me, except for one thing. I can never get us to match in height.

• Same shape - in fact I transferred some new ones today, without any editing at all, we are wearing the exact same shape (but this happens with all shapes)
  • Same body and head.
  • Detached literally everything else.
  • Hover height set to zero.
  • Footbases removed.
  • AO disabled and in same A-pose

Literally everything is identical, except my height is 6.7 feet and Nel is 7.2 feet.  This is driving me nuts. Why is this happening?

526871234_shapeweirdnessmatti.thumb.jpg.dcbbb251ab453ab75514819f753e3532.jpg

426567929_shapeweirdnessnelya.thumb.jpg.175770488f26e14c1588ce67fd091ec4.jpg

Have you tried measuring with a prim in-world? Avatar height reported by the appearance window can be a little unpredictable at times, and more often than not does not reflect the true height of the avatar.

(note that Prims measure using meters, so for my avatar, 1.61m in height translates to 161cm, or roughly 5'3" )

What Jenna says is true. A few TPVs like Firestorm and Black Dragon fix this and get "mostly" right heights (unless you're using an anime or furry av or any kind of height/shape deformer, then things go wonky). 

Ok, so what's going on with your shape, the height slider is not a "scale" slider. It doesn't adjust all proportions to fit the new height. It just squashes and stretches you. So when you want to change size, you need to adjust the whole shape.

Luckily there's great tutorials on making a good shape.

27 minutes ago, Rina Rinkitink said:

Ok, so what's going on with your shape, the height slider is not a "scale" slider. It doesn't adjust all proportions to fit the new height. It just squashes and stretches you. So when you want to change size, you need to adjust the whole shape.

It's EXACTLY THE SAME SHAPE. Like, I literally transferred it from one account to another and immediately wore it, without touching anything. Every single slider in every single tab is identical. Not just the height slider but ALL of them.. I just didn't have enough space to upload enough pics to demonstrate. But I did say that the shapes were ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL.

Measuring with prims - Yeah they are still different. I'm 2.02m,  Nel is 2.14. 

5 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

The only thing I can think of here is that something has affected the skeleton for one of you. A deformer that you wore, or... something.   Try resetting skeleton/animations on both avatars and see if they match after doing that. 

This was it, thank you.

I've no idea what it was that had caused it, but undeforming fixed it. 

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.