Maitreya 5.3 HUD Problems. Help

Sarzaza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

start with going to another region.  Like go back to the Maitreya shop. Scripts are enabled there. And the HUD should work

if it doesn't then get  a redelivery of your Maitreya from the Redelivery terminal while you are there

ps. I am at the Maitreya shop now. If you come then we can see what might be wrong

Edited by Mollymews
enabled

Also make sure there isn't something transparent blocking you from touching the hud..

The way you could tell that is by pressing you CTRL+ALT+T keys and you should see anything transparent on your Screen showing up as red'ish color.

If something is sitting over the hud it would block you from pressing the Maitreya buttons if it sits over the hud.

a note so the thread can come to a conclusion

Sarzaza got a redelivery and it resolved the problem

the issue had been present for some time for Sarzaza over multiple relogs

i can't be totally sure of the cause, but my experience is that sometimes when a teleport borks and we are logged/crashed out, any HUD can break and go catatonic. The only fix in the No-Modify case is to get a new HUD

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mollymews said:

a note so the thread can come to a conclusion

Sarzaza got a redelivery and it resolved the problem

the issue had been present for some time for Sarzaza over multiple relogs

i can't be totally sure of the cause, but my experience is that sometimes when a teleport borks and we are logged/crashed out, any HUD can break and go catatonic. The only fix in the No-Modify case is to get a new HUD

The op stated she has tried a redelivery. So how many redeliveries did it take?  

3 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

The op stated she has tried a redelivery. So how many redeliveries did it take?  

Sarzaza said she got a redelivery while we were at the shop. I never asked was this another redelivery. Only thing important was that she got it.  We had a chat about going back to 5.2 which had been working for her should the 5.3 redelivery also not work.  Then Sarzaza had to go, off she went. A few hours later I got a IM saying: Thanks! the redelivery worked

• Like 1

I am going to reply because I think what I have to say may help others who are having this problem. My Maitreya HUD frequently stops responding, and I can get it to start responding again by going to Preferences/Avatar Health/Refresh Attachments. I have no idea what that actually does, but it does solve my problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I am going to reply because I think what I have to say may help others who are having this problem. My Maitreya HUD frequently stops responding, and I can get it to start responding again by going to Preferences/Avatar Health/Refresh Attachments. I have no idea what that actually does, but it does solve my problem.

thanks. This is really useful information for Firestorm? users. That preference function is not in the standard Linden viewer.

it for sure beats tho having to unpack/install a new copy of a product and then have to do a Replace Inventory Links

17 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If they have 5.3 already, they don't need to go get a redeliver.. They can just attach the original 5.3 update hud and it will give a new folder..

The HUD does not automatically send you anything.  You must use the MISC tab and the Redelivery button to have a new box sent to you.  Though if the HUD is not responding, that option is not going to work and a trip to the store to use the redelivery terminal is the answer.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:02 AM, Mollymews said:

thanks. This is really useful information for Firestorm? users. That preference function is not in the standard Linden viewer.

it for sure beats tho having to unpack/install a new copy of a product and then have to do a Replace Inventory Links

The equivalent of that for the default viewer is to relog. Basically what SL does is it sometimes detaches stuff you have on but leaves a "ghost" attachment for you. Same reason your hair might fall off when teleporting, and you still see it but nobody else does. The attachment refresh fixes that; as far as I know the only thing the default viewer can do is relog.

That's assuming it's not a script error in which case neither strategy works, but Maitreya can't possibly have left such a big issue in their flagship product... :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

That's assuming it's not a script error in which case neither strategy works, but Maitreya can't possibly have left such a big issue in their flagship product... :P

i can't see it either being a LSL scripting error on part of the Maitreya team

and yes I have had experiences of ghost attachments myself.  Only person can see it is us.  Everybody else thinks we a rudee walking round with no pants on, and they too polite to mention it  because mesh. eep !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

The HUD does not automatically send you anything.  You must use the MISC tab and the Redelivery button to have a new box sent to you.  Though if the HUD is not responding, that option is not going to work and a trip to the store to use the redelivery terminal is the answer.

Sorry, I should have said the original 5.3 package.. For some reason I was thinking the original 5.3 package was a hud, but it's a bag.. hehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.