Linden Gifting Failure

ScarredArchAngel Gearz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, so almost a week ago now, I gifted a friend of mine 7k linden to their account, they were online at the time. They never got the L. This is not a small amount of L, and support tickets don't have a way to report this issue. I am not going to let this just sit, that is not just a small amount of money that I can just let go. LL stole from me with a glitch, so this had better get *****ing fixed.

My question is this, How am I supposed to get this sorted, when support tickets have been restricted to only a few small topics, that do not include things like this.

• Haha 1

4 answers to this question

Use the nearest support category you can find, and explain in the body of the report.

If you use the support ticket route, BOTH of you should submit reports.  You should each reference the other's report. In each report, include a copy of your Transaction Log. Your Transaction log should show the payment to your friend. Her transactions for the same time period should show that there was no $L received.

An alternative to Support tickets would be to call LL Billing at 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

I have to say that the $L accounting system almost NEVER fails. There are two much likelier possibilities:

1. You paid someone else by mistake. With us now having the ability to have both user names and Display Names, this is easier than ever to do. You must choose the payee's USER NAME!  If this happened to you, your only recourse is to contact the person you mistakenly paid, and politely ask for the return of the money. Note: They are not required to do so.
  2. Your friend is mistaken about not being paid, or is lying about it.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ScarredArchAngel Gearz said:

Okay, so almost a week ago now, I gifted a friend of mine 7k linden to their account, they were online at the time. They never got the L. This is not a small amount of L, and support tickets don't have a way to report this issue. I am not going to let this just sit, that is not just a small amount of money that I can just let go. LL stole from me with a glitch, so this had better get *****ing fixed.

My question is this, How am I supposed to get this sorted, when support tickets have been restricted to only a few small topics, that do not include things like this.

If you check your account history, it will show you to whom it was sent.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you check your account history, it will show you to whom it was sent.

I am never sure how people that throw this kind of money around are not watching their account transaction history like a hawk,  I'd be all over making sure that went to that person,  and if it shows it went there and the person goes "I didnt get anything" I'm gonna have to call them on the smell.

9 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I am never sure how people that throw this kind of money around are not watching their account transaction history like a hawk,  I'd be all over making sure that went to that person,  and if it shows it went there and the person goes "I didnt get anything" I'm gonna have to call them on the smell.

It's the first thing I would have done.  Check my account history then show the transaction to the person I gave the money to.  If mine shows it went to them and theirs doesn't, I'd think they could and should use my transaction to show LL they never received it.  LL can surely check.that themselves.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.