Can't stop the crouching walk

hannahrenee1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You could try the usual Avatar Health go-to's; stop animations and revoke permissions, and/or reset skeleton & animation. Though if you're crouch walking it feels as if it's a control input issue rather than an animation issue. Do you have crouch toggle on?

15 hours ago, hannahrenee1 said:

I crouch still but its when I walk around sometimes I am crouching. 

if this is not your keyboard, and is only happening sometimes when you walk and sometimes not, does it happen after you have typed some words into the chat box ?  if so then it might be a gesture that gets triggered by something that you type. Check your Gestures folder and see if a gesture might be enabling the crouch animation

Since you are using the Firestorm built-in AO examine it. Look through the animations you placed in the Walk section. Make sure you didn't mistakenly enter a Couch walk as a walk. Also, check your AO settings. If you play walks in randomly or in sequence or just change each time you start walking, or only allow manually changing walks. This makes a big difference in what you see. Some walk animations are very short one or two second animations. If you are playing all walks in sequence or randomly as they finish you could get the effrct you are seeing.

I suggest you play each of your walk animations. The names on some animation are totally misleading.

If you think it is a keyboard problem, try another keyboard. If you don't have one, get logged than disconnect the keyboard and use the mouse to walk. Press RMB to walk. You can LMB-Drag to steer. You should be able to tell if it is a keyboard issue or not.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/24/2021 at 10:48 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Check to see if your page down key isn't stuck.  Give it a tap and see if that helps.

I AM HAVING THE CROUCH ISSUE AS WELL.  I DO NOT USE THE BUILT IN AO.  I DO USE TUTY AO AND IN THE BEGGINING IT WAS WORKING FINE.  NOW I CROUCH WALK CROUCH STAND.

33 minutes ago, NaomiHarper1 said:

I AM HAVING THE CROUCH ISSUE AS WELL.  I DO NOT USE THE BUILT IN AO.  I DO USE TUTY AO AND IN THE BEGGINING IT WAS WORKING FINE.  NOW I CROUCH WALK CROUCH STAND.

On 11/21/2023 at 6:50 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Make sure you haven't accidentally enabled crouch mode in preferences..or your page down key could be stuck.  

• Enable crouch toggle mode: If this is enabled, pressing PgDown will put you into a crouch; you will remain that way till you press it again. Otherwise, you need to press and hold PgDown to stay in a crouch.

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Since you are using the Firestorm built-in AO examine it. Look through the animations you placed in the Walk section. Make sure you didn't mistakenly enter a Couch walk as a walk. Also, check your AO settings. If you play walks in randomly or in sequence or just change each time you start walking, or only allow manually changing walks. This makes a big difference in what you see. Some walk animations are very short one or two second animations. If you are playing all walks in sequence or randomly as they finish you could get the effrct you are seeing.

I suggest you play each of your walk animations. The names on some animation are totally misleading.

If you think it is a keyboard problem, try another keyboard. If you don't have one, get logged than disconnect the keyboard and use the mouse to walk. Press RMB to walk. You can LMB-Drag to steer. You should be able to tell if it is a keyboard issue or not.

Right I heard there was a bad bug on the built in AO In Firestorm 

Edited by SpiritSparrow Skydancer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.