How do i fix the error "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region"?

connorboy26

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started receiving this error message when i try to rez on my mainland parcel. I can build a prim box but if i take it into inventory and try to rez it I get that message. I can't rez anything.

"Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region."

It's not a very busy sim and I googled and found an old post saying that it can be fixed with a reboot. I was wondering if anyone knows what causes this and how do I request a sim reboot please?

Use Ctrl-Shift-1 and look at the stats, see if the physics memory figure is up around the 900Mb mark. This seems to be the most common condition that causes the error.

You'll have to raise a support ticket to get the region restarted, or else wait until the next tranche of rolling restarts.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, connorboy26 said:

It's not a very busy sim

If someone has scripted terraforming running or pathfinding breedables/critters running around or just lots of physical objects floating around or updating child link positions/rotations or any physical objects colliding with other objects, either of which, having complex physics shapes, this can cause region physics memory to creep up over time.

Maybe take a look around to see if any of this is going on.

A "busy" region doesn't have to have agents.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, connorboy26 said:

I started receiving this error message when i try to rez on my mainland parcel. I can build a prim box but if i take it into inventory and try to rez it I get that message. I can't rez anything.

It's not a very busy sim and I googled and found an old post saying that it can be fixed with a reboot. I was wondering if anyone knows what causes this and how do I request a sim reboot please?

If it's mainland, a support ticket for a reboot.  If it's a private estate, contact the estate manager.  They can usually do a restart for you.  Some larger estate companies have a restart bot at their main office so you can do it yourself.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:14 AM, connorboy26 said:

The Lindens have to reset it for you, and you have to try to get them on live chat when they are open as filing a ticket can mean waiting days. There are various reasons why you get this message and at your level you can't fix it but you can try asking the Linden you get on Support to see if there is a corrupt item or what the issue is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.