Jump to content

How to make sure visitors use shared environment?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

So, I've set up the lights at my sim, and so far seems to work fine. However, I remember with the old Windlight using FS I was able to makle a opp up appear that asked visitors if they want to apply parcel windlight.

Is there a similar option for EEP on a private region, that asks visitors wether they want to apply shared environment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MasoDevotina said:

It actually wouldn't matter whether it's parcel light or region, it is the same in this specific case. It would kinda ruin the whole work put into light and environment when you can't remind visitors to change to shared environment.

I think you can do this.

llReplaceAgentEnvironment( key agent_id, float transition, string environment );

     

"environment" can be the asset ID (that is, the UUID) of an environment. Since it's your environment, you can find that, and then, as part of a land-scope experience, set the environment for everyone entering. But test this out. It's not clear how it works vs parcel settings, region settings, moving to a new parcel in the same region, and such.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MasoDevotina said:

So, I've set up the lights at my sim, and so far seems to work fine. However, I remember with the old Windlight using FS I was able to makle a opp up appear that asked visitors if they want to apply parcel windlight.

Is there a similar option for EEP on a private region, that asks visitors wether they want to apply shared environment?

use a visitor greeter script, which chat prompts visitors to enable EEP.  Like:

"Welcome [visitor person] ! For the best lighting experience turn on EEP.  Menu: World \ Environment \ Use Shared Environment."

 

Edited by Mollymews
verbo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...
On 8/7/2021 at 11:00 PM, Mollymews said:

use a visitor greeter script, which chat prompts visitors to enable EEP.  Like:

"Welcome [visitor person] ! For the best lighting experience turn on EEP.  Menu: World \ Environment \ Use Shared Environment."

 

Oh that wont work. you be surprised how many people ignore those pop ups or even know how to access the menus...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ffffyou said:

Oh that wont work. you be surprised how many people ignore those pop ups or even know how to access the menus...

they don't just ignore, they possibly just don't want to mess up their own look, as most environment setting do.
I personally always refuse change of those settings.
Photographers also often like to have clean shots, it's easier to add environmental effects in processing as removing it from taken shots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ffffyou said:

Oh that wont work. you be surprised how many people ignore those pop ups or even know how to access the menus...

you'd also be surprised how many people read pop ups and know quite a bit about how to access the menus. And for those that do then it won't not work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An experience running on your parcel can change their EEP.

My sim uses extensive use of an experience to provide teleportation and EEP changes. In fact, when a user enters they are informed they have to accept the experience in order travel throughout the sim. A sign that sends them a re-invite is there in case they clicked decline or missed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...