squint-eyed

Always Incognito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I believe my character has started squinting after i got LelX update. Im sure im not imagine it? See pic. Its more obvious when you see her moving her head in world but i think u can see it? I dunno what do do about it? Maybee its her personality? 🤭 I can live with it but i still would like to know what has happened  🤓

ALWAYSx4_001.png

• Like 1

You can use the HUD and go to the page with eyes. You can see Eye Options low on the page. The right/left arrows control how close your eyes is to the nose. I have used them myself, because I had the same issue. After I did this, I noticed how many avatars that don't know about this option, and have squint eyes.

eye mo.png

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is an option on the animation tab for eyes and how open or closed they are as I assume that's what you mean by squint.  There is normal, Chill, flirty, Sketchy, wide and asleep.

Squint...look at someone or something with one or both eyes partly closed in an attempt to see more clearly or as a reaction to strong light.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

There is an option on the animation tab for eyes and how open or closed they are as I assume that's what you mean by squint.  There is normal, Chill, flirty, Sketchy, wide and asleep.

Squint...look at someone or something with one or both eyes partly closed in an attempt to see more clearly or as a reaction to strong light.

I saw that her eyes looks slightly more to the nose, so I assumed it was:

More commonly known as “crossed eyes,” strabismus is a disorder that causes the eyes not to line up in the same direction or look at the same object.

https://www.eyehealthweb.com/strabismus/

strabismuscrossedeyespic2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I saw that her eyes looks slightly more to the nose, so I assumed it was:

More commonly known as “crossed eyes,” strabismus is a disorder that causes the eyes not to line up in the same direction or look at the same object.

https://www.eyehealthweb.com/strabismus/

strabismuscrossedeyespic2.jpg

Yes its this issue! Sorry for language problems here lol 🤭 Thanks a lot Marianne and all of you for your help! You rock! 💗🌷 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

Update; i did reset eyes in hud but I still think she is slightly cross eyed  🤪 I might imagine things, or not? Especially her right eye in the pic?

eyes_EvoX.jpg

I do not think you have clicked the right place, because my HUD arrow changes color when I click the arrows, and your HUD is still colored in the middle. Compare with my picture. I moved my eyes down 2 steps and eyes apart one step. Arrow up and arrow pointing left.

EDIT: I am using BOM eyes, system eyes from 2014. I think that is why they were rolled up so high that I had to move them down a lot. I am not sure if this trick with arrows work so well on applier eyes.

eyes h_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not think you have clicked the right place, because my HUD arrow changes color when I click the arrows, and your HUD is still colored in the middle. Compare with my picture. I moved my eyes down 2 steps and eyes apart one step. Arrow up and arrow pointing left.

EDIT: I am using BOM eyes, system eyes from 2014. I think that is why they were rolled up so high that I had to move them down a lot. I am not sure if this trick with arrows work so well on applier eyes.

eyes h_001.jpg

Wow Thanks!! Now i understand… i didnt thought I could use my system eyes as they looked so weird. Will try again after work. You are fab ❤️

6 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

Wow Thanks!! Now i understand… i didnt thought I could use my system eyes as they looked so weird. Will try again after work. You are fab ❤️

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

eyes h_001.jpg

I tried again with applier and system eyes and the applier eyes works fine with your guide! 🤗 But, I dont get system eyes to work. ofc i can use applier eyes but I would like to be able to go all BOM... i tried clicking the arrows up and down but eyes remained the same, too high up. Strange as we have the same HUD and stuff. Im sure im doing something wrong here  - Applier in pic 1 and bom in pic 2

ApplierVsBomEyes.jpg

7 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

To lower the eyes, I had to click the arrow that points up instead of the one pointing down. It was confusing for me too.

Yes i tried to push the arrow all directions but no change. In this pic I think I have the same as you have and i look rubbish 😳 Its more a halloween look 😆

eyebomtest2.JPG

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You did not take off the Lelutka eyes?

You must wear them and click to activate BOM. It looks like BOM is turned on, but If you have taken the eyes off, this does not work.

Now i feel like a noob, so I have to wear Lel mesh eyes too? I thought i could only wear system eyes? my god i feel stupid now. I will never be away from SL like this again 😱😳

13 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

Now i feel like a noob, so I have to wear Lel mesh eyes too? I thought i could only wear system eyes? my god i feel stupid now. I will never be away from SL like this again 😱😳

Haha, it is so confusing right? The Lelutka eyes is like a screen that the system eyes is projected on, this is why they must be in place so the arrows can move them.

To the left you can see a bit of cross-eye. I am not wearing the Lelutka eyes.

To the right, I am wearing the Lelutka eyes. Bakes on mesh is activated in both pictures, but the adjustment does nothing unless the Lelutka eyes is worn..

These eyes from IKON is not so bad when you see them from the front, but the cross-eye effect is much worse when they move or you see them from the side.

eyes3coll.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Haha, it is so confusing right? The Lelutka eyes is like a screen that the system eyes is projected on, this is why they must be in place so the arrows can move them.

To the left you can see a bit of cross-eye. I am not wearing the Lelutka eyes.

To the right, I am wearing the Lelutka eyes. Bakes on mesh is activated in both pictures, but the adjustment does nothing unless the Lelutka eyes is worn..

These eyes from IKON is not so bad when you see them from the front, but the cross-eye effect is much worse when they move or you see them from the side.

eyes3coll.jpg

We should copy and paste all your fab tutorials and make it a SL book! Its gold. Iv read your explanations of other stuff and you always makes even me understand. You are a star! 🌟

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

Its more a halloween look 😆

.. I've watched way too much Archer lately. 'Halloween' was not what first came to mind ..

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.