Secondlife on Windows11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since Windows11 is comming I thought i'd create this topic as a Secondlife/Microsoft debate to disscuss how Secondlife would cope on the soon to be released Windows11 to see how Secondlife and and both the regular SL and 3rd party SL viewers would cope well on Windows 11 as a Tech debate comparrison between the existing Windows 10 and the soon to be released windows 11.

5 hours ago, mayuka Yoshikawa said:

Thanks intro. just posted about TPM mechanism on Windows 11 🙂 it still needs to treat as nervous issue because Microsoft prohibit hacking to Windows 11.

I just installed windows 11 without modification to my dell 9020 MT.  and all the checker complained about was the processor, but it runs and works.   so if the insider preview works and runs without issue.  it's show MS is a lying sack of dog stuffs.

On 7/17/2021 at 6:19 PM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I just installed windows 11 without modification to my dell 9020 MT.  and all the checker complained about was the processor, but it runs and works.   so if the insider preview works and runs without issue.  it's show MS is a lying sack of dog stuffs.

Moe, you know the difference between "supported" and what you are doing and saying.  MS not including your CPU on the supported CPU list just means they do not currently promise you it will work and if it breaks they might not help

2 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

Moe, you know the difference between "supported" and what you are doing and saying.  MS not including your CPU on the supported CPU list just means they do not currently promise you it will work and if it breaks they might not help

I know, I just find it funny the i5 dell system runs it without hiccup and all I did was make windows 10 upgrade to 11,  least the dell has tpm 1.2 and secure boot that I can use.  big gaming system,  it can do secure boot, but cant enable it with current install,  and tpm, no such animal on 5820k or the mobo.

I suspect the Insider Previews are not a good measure of what hardware will be approved by the Windows 11 installer.  But guess what?  The Windows 10 installer will install Windows 11 if you replace the filesystem image file.  That also might not work in the future.  I don't feel like worrying about it though.  Windows 10 will be around for a few years yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.