script research for hug animation (recherche script pour hugs animations)

karen Anatine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I am looking for a script for hugs poses, I am a pose creator and AO made with blender, but I want a script for two people to come together to hug and be in poses stands together.

I did a lot of research before asking here, but I can't find anything.

Thank you for your precious help

LB

(French)

Je suis à la recherche d'un script pour des poses hugs, je suis créatrice de poses et AO faites avec blender, mais je souhaite un script pour que deux personnes se rapprochent pour se prendre dans les bras et être en poses stands ensemble.

J'ai fait beaucoup de recherches avant de demander ici, mais je ne trouve rien.

Merci pour votre précieuse aide

LB

The reason you can't find anything is that this cannot exist, at least not in the way you probably mean.

You can, of course, have multiple people sitting on the same furniture-like object, animated and positioned together. Or, in theory, each could sit on a separate object, and those objects could follow each other in approximate juxtaposition. (That'll be pretty sloppy, though, and I doubt it's common practice.) Using only attachments, though, there is simply no way for two avatars to be in better than very approximate relative positions the way old-timey "huggers" work. (One might do a little better, getting the avatars in the right general proximity to each other, but correcting rotation is basically impossible in typical use.)

(For a while I'd hoped that animesh attachments would permit seating of another avatar, smuggling in that functionality while nobody realized it's always been impossible, but I gather developers came to their senses before it got very far.)

In special, Experience- and rezzing-enabled conditions, the "sitting on object(s)" thing can be reasonably effortless, using llSitOnLink() and PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY but such special cases are not likely of interest here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

The reason you can't find anything is that this cannot exist, at least not in the way you probably mean.

You can, of course, have multiple people sitting on the same furniture-like object, animated and positioned together. Or, in theory, each could sit on a separate object, and those objects could follow each other in approximate juxtaposition. (That'll be pretty sloppy, though, and I doubt it's common practice.) Using only attachments, though, there is simply no way for two avatars to be in better than very approximate relative positions the way old-timey "huggers" work. (One might do a little better, getting the avatars in the right general proximity to each other, but correcting rotation is basically impossible in typical use.)

(For a while I'd hoped that animesh attachments would permit seating of another avatar, smuggling in that functionality while nobody realized it's always been impossible, but I gather developers came to their senses before it got very far.)

In special, Experience- and rezzing-enabled conditions, the "sitting on object(s)" thing can be reasonably effortless, using llSitOnLink() and PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY but such special cases are not likely of interest here.

hi
thank you for your answer, however there are huds hug or a partner can invite you to do a hud....bon I will continue my research, thank you anyway ;)

Rotations of avatars are very approximate, but I've noticed that if you do some scripted movement (llMoveToTarget() or llSetForce() run on an attachment will target the avatar) The avatar will generally face the direction of travel, as long as it's not directly behind where they were already facing.

If you have the target avatar take a small step towards the HUD-Wearer, (I think you have to use llPushObject() to nudge the other avatar) and then have the HUD-wearer take a small step towards the target, a small step away and a final step to the target you might be able to get them roughly in position.

With RLV you can control the rotation slightly more directly, but it's still approximate.

I thought the Hug&Kiss HUD's scripts were open-source, or at the very least the HUD is modifiable (you can put different animations in). It's not perfect, but it's good enough for most people, and it includes some sort of height-difference adjustment code.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 11:51 PM, Qie Niangao said:

If you find one that corrects rotation and doesn't involve sitting, I'd be very interested.

RLV @setrot is the only way we can rotate the avatar that I know of

the RLV note is that a change of less than about 10 degrees from the current rotation doesn't always have the avatar end up facing where it should.  The suggested workaround is to 'double pirouette' the avatar

@setrot the avatar to an orientation greater than 10 degrees from the current rotation and greater than 10 degrees from the target orientation. Then from this intermediate orientation rotate again to the target

a chat about this is here:

Edited by Mollymews
then
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

RLV @setrot is the only way we can rotate the avatar that I know of

Yeah, I considered mentioning RLV, and also llTeleportAgent()'s and -GlobalCoord()'s look_at parameter, but I've never seen a really satisfactory solution either way, nor really much of an improvement over the purely manual positioning of old-school huggers.

• Like 1

There's also the problem that you've got to line up the two avatars, and that involves reading their rotations, which isn't particularly accurate unless they're either seated or in mouselook, so you're starting with only an approximate idea of the  direction in which to face.

RLV is good for when you want your leashed slave always to be facing in more or less the right direction when when you're dragging them around, even if they're AFK, but the combined limitations of @setrot  and llGetRot (for avatars) make them too inaccurate to line people up well enough to kiss or hug each other.    I've never been able to produce satisfactory results with it, anyway.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.