Deploy Plan for the Week of 2021-06-21

Mazidox Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server:

No roll for Second Life Server this week.

Second Life RC:

We'll be deploying a new version to all RCs this week, tentatively version 2020-06-16.560618, which will include several internal fixes as well as implementing BUG-202864. Release notes link coming later.

On Region Restarts:

We'll be restarting regions that have more than 10 days uptime during the usual Second Life Server roll window of 03:00-11:00 PDT.

• Thanks 9

I am seeing some communication problems with objects that need to connect to external servers, only on regions updated today to 

Second Life Server 2021-06-16.560618

Specific object is called Torgon KC Profiler, that has to talk to a couple external databases.

Profilers work fine on Second Life Server 2021-05-25.560108

Edited by Jaylinbridges

1 hour ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I am seeing some communication problems with objects that need to connect to external servers, only on regions updated today to 

Second Life Server 2021-06-16.560618

Specific object is called Torgon KC Profiler, that has to talk to a couple external databases.

Profilers work fine on Second Life Server 2021-05-25.560108

Regions are being rolled back currently because of this bug.

See https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-230881

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

Some regions being restarted 3 times today already.  Reports of lost no copy items too.

Just because Status says the server updates are completed for the day, does not mean it is true.  

Completed - The scheduled maintenance has been completed.
Jun 2309:36 PDT
and then the bugs were found in the new version and rollbacks started about 11:00 am.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

The Roll-Back was started promptly as soon as a report detailing the script-failure was notified to LL.  They deserve praise for their prompt reaction AND announcing it as soon as possible on the GSP.  They also deserve criticism for not picking this failure out at an early QA stage.  But at least is WAS seen and acted upon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just checked and my (Main Server) region has now been running for over 20 days without a restart, which in theory ought to have happened and didn't last week.  If it doesn't today (Tuesday) I will have to restart manually.  Looks like Grid Poking is still not working as it should.

That said I see nothing in stats to indicate any memory leaks or similar but I DID find that my Teeglepet Alicorn had script-run issues twice today. It is particularly scripty and glitch sensitive, I have found.

Edited by Aishagain
spelling

Adding to this thread some observations over the last week on SLS Main channel:

At times, scripted objects freshly rezzed from other objects take a while to start up (again).  Anywhere from 2-5 seconds.

Also a few 499 http errors.

Edited by NeoBokrug Elytis
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.