You removed 8 listings from my XStreet store saying they were mature when they are not!!

Roxy Vieria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I spent ages putting new items on my XStreet Store only to log in at a later date, after someone told me they could not find the item, with the stupid message that all had been removed because they had not been rated mature when they did not need to be!!!.

Linden Labs take money from us when we sell items so why can they not change the maturity or at least have the common courtesy of sending an email to say these items are being removed.  Regardless, they took them down for maturity when there was NO 'sexual' parts showing...they are dungarees for gods sake!!!.  This is not the first time it has happened and me, along with HUNDREDS of people are getting sick of the mentality of the people who 'police' the marketplace AND their simple lack of being able to respond to a query in less than 6 months.   Get a grip, seriously, you make millions from people on this game, get some staff that can actually do the job?

4 answers to this question

i think you ony used SOME word, that is on the list for mature words. Like sexy, Gor, and other.

I had the same, with a Medieval Meal. RP-Food, and used "Gorean" in the keywords... Bäm - Mature.

Just test, check your article texts, and you will see... its easy to check.

Edit the article, take out the word, set to General and see if it accepts, or "forces a category change".

When items are suddenly declared mature it's either because the automatic system has detected that you are using some "mature" word in your listings or because some sensitive customer has complained (or both). :smileysurprised:   Without making a value judgment of any kind, all I can say is that LL seems to react the way many merchants do by erring on the side of caution.  It beats attracting lawsuits.  All I can suggest is that you review your ad to be sure that its pics and language are squeaky clean.

Things don`t usually get removed for being mature, they just get the maturity rating changed. They do get removed for being listed in the wrong category.

If your stuff has been changed to mature rating, just check you words, it will be triggered by parts of words too, like asset (ass-et).

If you stuff has been delisted, submit a ticket to ask the reason.

Having just taken a look at your listings and (i assume) found the dungarees in question, it will be because there are parts of the female nipple showing.

We can debate until we are blue in the face about the rights and wrongs of whether a part of a nipple is PG\General or Mature\Moderate, but there's little point in over-analysing it if you just want the issue fixed.

So if you want to list them as PG\General, I would suggest the best thing to do is redo the picture so that no part of the nipple can be seen. Otherwise they are only probably going to get removed again if you put them back as PG\General. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.