Why can't I buy free goods?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You have to use the "buy now" function if that is the only thing you are buying. Click "buy now" and on the next page go all the way down to the bottom and click place order. It will then send it to you. The only way to have free things delivered through your shopping cart is if you are already buying something that cost money even if it's 1L.  Hope that helps! It took time for me to figure that out too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I'll have 10 free demos in my shopping cart and checkout.  The only thing  it doesn't do is show the amount taken out and Ls remaining after purchase page.  It takes you instead to a page with a bunch of other items and at the bottom is the Place your Order button then the buy now page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'll have 10 free demos in my shopping cart and checkout.  The only thing  it doesn't do is show the amount taken out and Ls remaining after purchase page.  It takes you instead to a page with a bunch of other items and at the bottom is the Place your Order button then the buy now page.

I do see you can do that. Interesting...very very interesting.

• Haha 1

Placing an item you want to purchase into the cart first and then going to the cart and checking out form there avoids the ad page LL loves to throw in your face when you click "Buy Now". I haven't clicked "buy now" in over 10 years.

Cart limit is 10 items.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Placing an item you want to purchase into the cart first and then going to the cart and checking out form there avoids the ad page LL loves to throw in your face when you click "Buy Now". I haven't clicked "buy now" in over 10 years.

If you go to cart and then checkout with only 0L items, it always takes you to the ad page where you hit place order at the bottom unless you have 1 item that costs at least 1L.  It's been that way forever.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you go to cart and then checkout with only 0L items, it always takes you to the ad page where you hit place order at the bottom unless you have 1 item that costs at least 1L.  It's been that way forever.

Yep but I wasn't talking about 0L items. Freebies will always take you to that page unless  you add a pay item to the cart.

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yep but I wasn't talking about 0L items. Freebies will always take you to that page unless  you add a pay item to the cart.

Ok but  the buy now button on a regular priced item.doesn't take you to that ad page.  It only shows up when the total price in your cart is 0L.

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Ok but  the buy now button on a regular priced item.doesn't take you to that ad page.  It only shows up when the total price in your cart is 0L.

We're saying the same thing just with different words. As I did say, you have to add a pay item to the cart in order to avoid the ad page. That means the balance due can not be 0Ls.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

5 hours ago, caodading said:

I have some Linden dolls, but I can't complete the payment to buy free goods. Even the fishing rod used by the novice can't be paid. I don't know what's wrong with my account.

OMG! All this person wanted to do was to be able to buy free goods on the marketplace and this has turned into a debate about HOW it's said. SMDH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can also hit the buy now button on a pay item and get no ad page.  We weren't saying the same thing but ok.

26 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Cart limit is 10 items.

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Would be interested to know if they got it working.

Maybe they will come back and say whether or not they did using my way, your way or Silent's way or MAYBE an entirely different way altogether! My bet is they will never be back.

• Like 1

I would have suggested she find the in-world store and buy it there. Unless the in world store closed down 10 years ago, in which case she would have to trace the creator of the item down, only to find his last login to SL was in 2013.  Sorry I missed the chance to help the OP.

:)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I would have suggested she find the in-world store and buy it there. Unless the in world store closed down 10 years ago, in which case she would have to trace the creator of the item down, only to find his last login to SL was in 2013.  Sorry I missed the chance to help the OP.

:)

Yeah, well she's a he so.....:)

2 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

ok, so men play with dolls too.  I always bought my free fishing pole at the water hole in-world.  Can you fish on MP too?

You can get the free rod there if that's what you mean.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

You can also hit the buy now button on a pay item and get no ad page.  We weren't saying the same thing but ok.

All I said was if you want to avoid that stupid ad page use the freaking cart! Why you thought it was necessary to turn that into a debate I'll never know.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Simply because you were incorrect.

And done.

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I never said that what works for me will work for everyone. Oh yeah. Done for sure.

Oh please. Neither one of you is done.  Otherwise a simple question wouldn't have turned into 22 responses because of your ego war. Even if it's just to react to this post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.