How to get DoF to show up in photos?

Leonxqt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I've had a hard time trying to get DoF to show up in photos. I've amped it up, tried different angles, messed around with different settings and nothing seems to work. Any advice/tips? I'm currently using the Black Dragon viewer.

In GENERAL (not Black Dragon specific) IF you are taking your screenshot at a high resolution (like 5000 or so pixels) you will need to make the shot look MUCH more blurry than you want your finished work to be (say at 2000 pixels or so.  For ME, some sliders don't seem to do anything while others --  COC and f-number make a great deal of difference.   

DOF.thumb.jpg.2af57fe02d9c008ab14d20033488b462.jpg

DOF final.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 4:43 AM, Leonxqt said:

Hello, I've had a hard time trying to get DoF to show up in photos. I've amped it up, tried different angles, messed around with different settings and nothing seems to work. Any advice/tips? I'm currently using the Black Dragon viewer.

I use Photoscape (free) to create DoF. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Wen I am having trouble getting DoF to look the way I want, I take a shot with no DoF. Then take a shot to capture depth, a gray scale image. I use the depth map in Photoshop where I have very detailed control over the DoF.

This is an example...

49812097132_4cc8a25b88_c.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.