script to change mesh shape?

Naiman Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Could someone tell me how could I make a script to just change shape of a mesh ? I do not mean an animation , just change on touch a mesh type with another, basically replacing it with all connected links ?

like for example click on an item and shapechange it to another item ?

You might be able to create a single prim with all your sit positions set up. That prim could then llRezObject and llDie when someone sits or stands. I assume this would require build permission on the land.

...or ...

The last thing I can think of would be to rig your item for animesh.
If it's just one state to another then your BVH would simply be 30 seconds or so of the state you want. No movement.
Like @KT Kingsley said, it will increase prim count simply by enabling animesh.

Theorizing here ... sorry I don't have time to test these today.

You can texture-swap Sculpties, but you can't object-swap mesh. Sculpties are a bit limited, but you can create an decent chair with them (I picked up a "1-prim Victorian chair" in Caledon I think; Quite useful when I just need something to sit on or a chair to test scripts with) Finding good sculpties is a bit hard though, and I'm not sure if the tools to make them are still around&working.

UUID flipping mesh is no longer possible.

It was possible during the beta period and allegedly the first week it was released on agni, but it was stopped as it easily facilitated IP theft.

There have been requests to bring it back in a controlled environment but developers do not like the potential impact it could have on the asset servers, the CDN service and the physics engine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.