do we report threads posted in wrong sections?

bee Baroque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

- or are the moderators moving them as they are accidentally spotted?

i think using the "report inappropriate content" option sounds a bit harsh when it's just posted in the wrong section, but if that is the only way of getting them moved then that is what i will use.

or - i suggest this section (feedback) should be renamed "do NOT post here. at all!". or "post here and break out in hives". or "posting in this section costs 1500 L$". alternatively an additional link to a basic english class.

:matte-motes-sour:

Genn Moderator wrote:

Yep, you can report threads that have been posted in the wrong sections. We move a lot of them on our own, but in the event that we miss some (and we do), it helps us out when residents report them.

So go for it.
:)

Report threads? Miss some?  Are we now self moderating? How many kudos deducted for reporting threads?   

Lexie Linden wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

I think forum consolidation and more appropriate title nomenclature would eliminate the 'posts' to wrong sub-fora.  What do you think?

Agreed and working on it! 
:smileyhappy:

awesome! \o/ thank you, lexie :matte-motes-smile:

here's an interesting question, re:main website/jira/wiki and ticket support posts..... where do they go?

seems like they get dumped in feedback by posters and in off topic by mods... occasionally there is some relevance that can place them elsewhere (most often viewer or server), but it seems to me they are being poorly served all the way around in general

Void Singer wrote:

here's an interesting question, re:main website/jira/wiki and ticket support posts..... where do they go?

seems like they get dumped in feedback by posters and in off topic by mods... occasionally there is some relevance that can place them elsewhere (most often viewer or server), but it seems to me they are being poorly served all the way around in general

I would still like to see some sort of Support System forum here, there are lots of threads that have valuable feedback for the support team that they could come and look at without anyone knowing & maybe get some ideas on how to improve support.

I can appreciate they wouldn`t want a Support feedback forum where they would be expected to answer & frankly would just be full of posts saying "why haven`t you fixed my ticket" but people are going to post about support whatever we do, so it  may as well all be in one place where it could actually be of some use, both to others with the same problems and to the support team.

bee Baroque wrote:

i suggest this section (feedback) should be renamed "
do NOT post here. at all!
". or "
post here and break out in hives
". or "
posting in this section costs 1500 L$
". alternatively an additional link to a basic english class.

Disagree.

The new name must be "THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR feedback about forums, blogs, answers and KB".

With that name, this forum will have only threads about forums, blogs, answers, and KB feedback.

:D

Luc Starsider wrote:

Did you notice that Peewee's tiny little red... bear, is it? is holding a tiny little pickaxe?

Do you think we should be a tiny bit worried? 
:D

@Irene: LOL I think you're right!

- Luc -

haha Luc, is ok I`m not an axe weilding maniac, its a hammer for fixing stuffs lol Smiley - Headbanging.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.