security system that limits number of prims rezzed?

Faye Mercury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have heard of some security systems that let you suppress rezzing over a certain prim limit, while creating a whitelist of users/admins who can bypass it. is this actually a thing? i went looking but couldnt find anything, so i got caspersafe thinking surely if it was a possible feature it would be included on there but ive seen no such features so far (no complaints though caspersafe is great for everything else i needed haha). ive got a little homestead currently where i want to let group members rez items, but this would be a nice precaution in case someone rezzes something huge on accident. any info on this matter is appreciated, thanks~

5 hours ago, Faye Mercury said:

i have heard of some security systems that let you suppress rezzing over a certain prim limit, while creating a whitelist of users/admins who can bypass it. is this actually a thing? i went looking but couldnt find anything, so i got caspersafe thinking surely if it was a possible feature it would be included on there but ive seen no such features so far (no complaints though caspersafe is great for everything else i needed haha). ive got a little homestead currently where i want to let group members rez items, but this would be a nice precaution in case someone rezzes something huge on accident. any info on this matter is appreciated, thanks~

use different groups, only members of a certain group will be able to rezz on a certain deeded parcel.

Its kind of possible. Aldo you cant really prevent people from rezzing more then a specific amount of prims.
A option would be to return prims when they go over a certain limit. The problem kind of is, what prims to return. You can only scan for prims in a 96m range and return those or return everything from the specific avatar.

A other option is to have so many prims rezzed that only a certain amount of prims can be rezzed and deleting those prims when other prims are being used. This however is probably a to complex way to go about it and is likely to create other problems.

A third option would probably be a bot. I am not sure but i think that some rental systems can with the use of a bot return prims when people go over the limit.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.