Can you purchase a Linden Houseboat?

Sasha VanDornan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Sasha VanDornan said:

I was curious if  linden houseboats are ever put up for sale? The actual Houseboat itself not on the parcel.

No, the only way to live in a Linden houseboat or other home is to have one of the Premium Linden home parcels. The buildings are not sold separately (alas). 

No, the moles' work is all owned by the Lindens, and LL tries to avoid competing with residents by selling objects.  Some folks have made similar boats,  I think this "guest houseboat" is really cute.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MB-LH-Guest-HouseBoat/17434704

And Christhiana has her similar houseboat:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Houseboat-Calypso/20474745

I'm sure there are others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

@Rabid Cheetah Did you respond to the wrong topic?  How is resetting the houseboat controller or submitting a ticket going to allow someone to buy a Linden houseboat?

No.  Read the OP's post.  "I was curious if  linden houseboats are ever put up for sale? The actual Houseboat itself not on the parcel."

They have one post:  Just this one.  So.  To cover all bases, let's consider that the OP is not a native English-speaker, or made a typo.  Perhaps they meant to say, "I was curious if  linden houseboats are ever put up for sale? The actual Houseboat itself is not on the parcel."

Posting the solution to said problem

1. Solves the problem for the OP, if that was their issue.
  2. Solves the problem for others, should they be a lurker who's experiencing this issue.
  3. Helps a new player stay with Linden's product, if that's the reason the OP doesn't have any other posts.
  4. Harms no one to post this solution if per chance no one is having this issue.

I've got 20+ years of Customer Service/Tech Support experience under my belt;  I've been trained to be thorough.  Without the verb "is", the OP's second sentence is not a complete sentence.  They either mean they want to buy a copy of the LH Houseboat to go put on the Mainland somewhere (an issue commented on by others), or they mean they are experiencing the house-not-rezzing bug that frequently causes people to start new forum topics about it -- an issue not commented on prior to my post.

I hope that clears things up for you.  🙂

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
me hate typ0s
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

No.  Read the OP's post.  "I was curious if  linden houseboats are ever put up for sale? The actual Houseboat itself not on the parcel."

They have one post:  Just this one.  So.  To cover all bases, let's consider that the OP is not a native English-speaker, or made a typo.  Perhaps they meant to say, "I was curious if  linden houseboats are ever put up for sale? The actual Houseboat itself is not on the parcel."

2. Solves the problem for others, should they be a lurker who's experiencing this issue.
  3. Helps a new player stay with Linden's product, if that's the reason the OP doesn't have any other posts.
  4. Harms to one to post this solution if per chance no one is having this issue.

I've got 20+ years of Customer Service/Tech Support experience under my belt;  I've been trained to be thorough.  Without the verb "is", the OP's second sentence is not a complete sentence.  They either mean they want to buy a copy of the LH Houseboat to go put on the Mainland somewhere (an issue commented on by others), or they mean they are experiencing the house-not-rezzing bug that frequently causes people to start new forum topics about it -- an issue not commented on prior to my post.

Very good points, especially since the OP has not returned to the thread to reply to any of the answers offered so far, so we are all guessing as to the intent of the second sentence.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

4. Harms no one to post this solution if per chance no one is having this issue.

All good points, though your initial response did not mention which hypothetical problem you were attempting to solve.  Thus if the person actually does want to purchase a Linden houseboat to use on a parcel of their choosing, then you have sent them on a wild goose chase.  Of course, your thorough follow-up explanation should prevent that, so problem solved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.