Interests Section On Profile

Aaron Morningstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On the "interests section" of updating yer profile, we are allowed to add just about anything including dirty, adult content. I've added several interests including motorcycles and Star Trek. However, Star Wars is banned. What did Star Wars ever do to get banned from Second Life?        

1 hour ago, ajstclair said:

However, Star Wars is banned. What did Star Wars ever do to get banned from Second Life?

Star Wars' IP is owned by Disney. LL don't want a call from the Gestap-- I mean, Disney's legal dept. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But profiles can also be adult rated depending on keywords in them.

That might be for search and someone not finding it through there..,But you still open yourself up to an AR if you go anywhere but an adult sim where anyone can open your profile..

I'm just more or less saying, be careful because even if it's rare or not, there are people that live to AR.. hehehe

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That might be for search and someone not finding it through there..,But you still open yourself up to an AR if you go anywhere but an adult sim where anyone can open your profile..

I'm just more or less saying, be careful because even if it's rare or not, there are people that live to AR.. hehehe

I've never actually checked to see if having my preference set to only General prohibits me from reading a profile marked as adult.  I might have to do some research on that.  

I rarely AR anything but when I open up a profile and the first thing I see on the front page is a RL picture of a certain body part, yeah, I AR that.  NO ONE wants to see that!

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've never actually checked to see if having my preference set to only General origins me from reading a profile marked as adult.  I might have to do some research on that.  

I rarely AR anything but when I open up a profile and the first thing I see on the front page is a RL picture of a certain body part, yeah, I AR that.  NO ONE wants to see that!

I thought that was what you were referring to when setting a rating on a profile.. I thought you were meaning by it being hidden with keywords or something in search..

I'm not aware of where you can set a maturity rating on your profile.. I just know that all adult content has to be filtered from those that aren't supposed to be able to get into it, like unverified users and those too young..

If there is a setting for a maturity rating for profiles now that i've been missing out on since forever and a day, let me know where it is.. Because that would be sooo awesome!! \o/

hehehe

8 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I thought that was what you were referring to when setting a rating on a profile.. I thought you were meaning by it being hidden with keywords or something in search..

I'm not aware of where you can set a maturity rating on your profile.. I just know that all adult content has to be filtered from those that aren't supposed to be able to get into it, like unverified users and those too young..

If there is a setting for a maturity rating for profiles now that i've been missing out on since forever and a day, let me know where it is.. Because that would be sooo awesome!! \o/

hehehe

No, there is no way to set it yourself.  I meant setting myself to only see general in search and seeing if I can view profiles rated A.   Like if I were 16 or 17 and only allowed in general areas and to view general content.  I shouldn't be able to see A rated profiles either.  

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

No, there is no way to set it yourself.  I meant setting myself to only see general in search and seeing if I can view profiles rated A.   Like if I were 16 or 17 and only allowed in general areas and to view general content.  I shouldn't be able to see A rated profiles either.  

I made an alt to see, because I'm really curious now too..  We also shouldn't be able to see groups or anything else with adult key words if there is no box to set a rating for them..

Ok I was still able to see profiles and groups ..

Finally I just decided to go to the maturity rating page..

Maturity ratings

Then found this part..

People tab

The search system does not filter keywords when you search for avatar names or profiles. Information in Resident profiles should be General. Please refer to our Community Standards for details.

Well, I have a new alt now.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

41 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ok I was still able to see profiles and groups ..

Finally I just decided to go to the maturity rating page..

Maturity ratings

Then found this part..

People tab

The search system does not filter keywords when you search for avatar names or profiles. Information in Resident profiles should be General. Please refer to our Community Standards for details.

Well, I have a new alt now.. hehehehe

Then why do they even bother rating a profile as Adult if nothing filters them out?  Just another unanswerable question.

Sci-Fi ,  Comic Critic, Fantasy fiction ,Star Fleet nerd , science fiction. Skywalker ,  moon of Endor  traveler ,  Ewoks lover  , Universe. Galactic , Galactic fleet. Alliance, Jedi critic ,  Star Fleet, Jedi Timeline , Old soul , Galactic being , Space fleet ,  Galactic star,  Out of this world. Syfy nerd,  Time-travel. Time-machine,   Somewhereintime, future, Year 2049 space , never ending. 

Edited by Christina Mysterious

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Then why do they even bother rating a profile as Adult if nothing filters them out?  Just another unanswerable question.

If you are talking about the peoples page on the web search and having those boxes to tick the rating you want.. I think those are stuck on all the search options and something that doesn't change when you switch search sections.. If profiles don't have a place to set their rating, then they don't show a rating, so they aren't getting filtered by the rating system..

There are a lot of sims that don't use key words or even have adult content on them,but are set to adult.. Those wouldn't show up in a general or moderate search..

in legendary search engine, you don't have those boxes show up in the peoples or group search tabs..

The only place to set a rating on something is in that somethings controls.. Like sim rating needs to be done in sim controls, content on the MP has it's place to set ratings..

Things that are always open to the whole public don't have the options to set a rating, So they get limited to what content they can put in them.. Profiles, groups, forums and so on.

So basically, if there isn't an option for setting a rating for filtering adult content, then it's probably a good idea not to put some there to save on possibly getting into trouble..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.