Nowadays, it's very rare for me to feel empathy, but...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I agree. I've seen people hurt who were not particularly "good people," or who brought harm upon themselves through their own possibly malevolent actions. It's still possible to feel for them, even while remaining aware of the fact that they were doing wrong. I feel that way, for instance, about that poor woman who was shot during the attack upon the Capitol Building. What she was doing was objectively wrong and harmful -- but oh, how very very sad. I am terribly sorry for her, even while judging her for actions that endangered others.

With anyone, even the most horrific of criminals, it truly is a matter of "there but for the grace of God, go I".

We like to think we are somehow special & superior to the criminal, that we would never have made such 'evil' choices, but the fact is that if you were born with the same brain and experienced the same environment in life you would have committed those same acts.

• Administrators

Hey folks!

Since the Second Life forum isn't the most appropriate place to discuss this, I'm going to go ahead to close this thread. However, we do encourage y'all to venture in-world to find discussion groups on this topic and other related topics to engage with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.