Forum friends

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm also replying to valerie in case they nuke my comments.  It's ridiculous that we have to do something like this to post on a forum!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DQ Darwin wrote:

That is more than weird. There was no need to have that removed:(

Did you get a PM and if not I would chase that down with Lexi or Amanda. I replied to Val in case they nuke your last post.

There is a limit, or I thought there was?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A private message?  No.  I've never gotten a private message here on this forum or any of the SL forums. 

Also, not sure what you mean by "limit"? 

I'm guessing someone reported my comment as I had a link to another forum in my comment.  Which is pretty funny, because I'm certainly not one to promote *that* other forum.   What's really sad is that the LL CEO posts on that other forum to communicate with SL residents, but I can't post a link to a thread where SL residents are trying to organize an inworld event?  

Yes, this comment of my mine probably get deleted too...as I am *gasp* questioning the moderation process.  But, it's all good, as this is the incentive I've needed to do something that I've thought about since this time last year. 

Edited to add:  I have gotten one private message here.  It was from the forum staff to let me know I was upgraded to "member".   *rolls eyes*

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

I'm also replying to valerie in case they nuke my comments.  It's ridiculous that we have to do something like this to post on a forum!

Edited to add:  I
have
gotten one private message here.  It was from the forum staff to let me know I was upgraded to "member".   *rolls eyes*

:smileysurprised::smileytongue::smileyvery-happy: Now this is really schizophrenic! Congrats, btw!

Here in lies the problem and it has been brought up time and again at the User Group with respect to postings disappearing and no notification to the poster. I do have a feeling that post are not always read to see if they warrant removal or not once they are flagged.

The limit I refer to would be the guidelines for removal by Mods.

I will not pursue this further in this thread for fear of having the thread removed (that says a lot doesn't it). But I will bring this up at the next user group and point to this thread as the reference. I have copied this thread to ensure that if it disappears I still have it.

Val sorry if this hurts this thread but if we can't voice pros and cons on a topic how can we discuss??

No worries about the thread, Dee. Free speach rules in the ones I post, at the risk of being nuked. It happened to the religion in SL thread I had started some time ago.

(It's OK as long as mods dont take away my pink pin! It matches my badge so well!)

stupid.gif

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

A good number of my in world friends post regularly on the forums, but I can't say I actually met them here...most of them I met in world at the Hangout or through other friends, then I
started posting more often here because I felt more comfortable seeing people that I knew also posting
!

BTW, Valerie...you are one that I did meet here and would love to meet in world sometime! :smileyhappy:

Excellent point Sylvia and exactly my sentiments!  I am actually incredibly shy, but having become closer to people I've met, initially through the forum and then inworld, it is much easier to make a pos or two.  I feel like we kind of build confidence in each other.  :) 

I think most of my friends list is filled with people that I've met from the forum. 

Thank you Val and Storm for your kind words.  Yes, Storm pointed my olde nose at the GDF over one year ago now.  While I had registered on it even earlier, I had never lurked.  This 'new' version is not the same in terms of dynamics or even personalities but that is alright.  It will gain it's footing and 'become' something just in time for the next incarnation.

Oh my.  I don't like the image that just came to mind of you meeting close friends in the washroom. 

I said Dee writes on washroom walls not on washroom toilets:D She has some class you know. 

@Dee Which marker?  What color is it?  Do you remember where you last had it? /me keeps her arms behind her back and shifts from foot to foot. 

Mmmm - very strange. I responded to this thread saying that the Forum Cartel Hangout is one of the few places in SL that I'd be nervous to visit and my post has now disappeared. It seems a little much that a comment like that is regarded as inappropriate. Surely members of the Forum Cartel are not that precious.

DQ Darwin wrote:

Storm your responsible for Venus???
:P

We haven't seen this kind of <<snip>> since the  old GD.
:)
Storm Clarence wrote:

<<snip>>I am responsible for Venus /<<snip>>

Ohmy I would never burden Storm with that!   My parents were mighty eager to get me out of the house and independent and with good reason.

/me has no comment on bathrooms other than they are necessary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.