Favorite things, communities and places

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Evening all! I see a lot of new SL residents and some old ones who are looking for friends and friendly places to hang out. So I thought I'd start a thread for us to talk about the things we love doing in world. Maybe this will encourage new users.

Personally, one of the best communities I have found is the fishing group I am a member of. They offer lots of games and a lively and friendly community and you make lindens while you play their games, so it is a great way to earn a little in world if you are like me and have an obcession with ballgowns in every shade of the rainbow.

If you want to try fishing, gold hunting, farming, or any of the other things you can find the community here:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Business Park/104/149/22

The beginner fishing pole is free and it can be a great way to meet people and explore the grid. Group chat is rarely quiet which is nice.

When I am not fishing with Fish Hunt I am exploring or shopping for the above mentioned ballgowns. Some great sellers are Allura, Sascha's and Awesome Designs. Anyone else know of any others who offer a wide variety of color options? Preferrably bright colors.

Awesome Designs has a store on marketplace and the other two have them in world and on marketplace.

Hope this thread helps someone!

14 minutes ago, CeleneHighwater said:

Evening all! I see a lot of new SL residents and some old ones who are looking for friends and friendly places to hang out. So I thought I'd start a thread for us to talk about the things we love doing in world. Maybe this will encourage new users.

Personally, one of the best communities I have found is the fishing group I am a member of. They offer lots of games and a lively and friendly community and you make lindens while you play their games, so it is a great way to earn a little in world if you are like me and have an obcession with ballgowns in every shade of the rainbow.

If you want to try fishing, gold hunting, farming, or any of the other things you can find the community here:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Business Park/104/149/22

The beginner fishing pole is free and it can be a great way to meet people and explore the grid. Group chat is rarely quiet which is nice.

When I am not fishing with Fish Hunt I am exploring or shopping for the above mentioned ballgowns. Some great sellers are Allura, Sascha's and Awesome Designs. Anyone else know of any others who offer a wide variety of color options? Preferrably bright colors.

Awesome Designs has a store on marketplace and the other two have them in world and on marketplace.

Hope this thread helps someone!

This store actually has some great items.  I wish she were still creating.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/76031

Edited by RowanMinx

Ah, this is a easy one. My favourite things and communities are the ones where I can drive cars, sail ships, fly planes, tropical places and things like that. Military areas, shooting guns and so on. I sail warships in the Blake Sea or in the oceans of Sansara for example and it is so therapeutic while jamming my music in the background... and generally Linden owned sims with their unique landmarks and interesting lore about SL itself and open areas like sandboxes to generally ***** around in.

• Like 1

Mostly I hang out at London City, occasionally alternating with Ahern. I don’t visit activity sims like sailing or fishing, and when I explore it’s always on my own, so that I don’t have to compromise—I’m too curious about some things, and too indifferent to others. As for shopping, I’m more of the subscribing type, so it’s about sources... groups for the stuff I use (Maitreya & Lelutka), of course, and also some things off Facebook; mainly from the stores themselves... some of the most popular, like Addams & Blueberry, but also from stores with a tradition of release sales and economic fatpacks, like KC Couture for shoes, or sMesh and Hilly Haalan for clothes. What I almost never do is events, I just can’t summon the patience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.