Environment

Penelope Farella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Penelope Farella said:

In the new version of firestorm how  can fix the environment? before I set CWL but in the new version is different, help me please

Are you looking for what used to be the CalWL windlight?   If so, in your inventory window, go to "Library - > Environments -> Skies" and then scroll down until you see "CalWL"  Right click on it and choose "Apply Only to Myself".    You can also copy it from the library folder, and paste it into a new system folder called "Settings".   This will make it easier for you to find in the future.

There is also a new Environments window in the viewer which lets you browse for EEP settings in your "Settings" folder, and in the Library Environments folders, but I don't recall exactly how to bring that up in Firestorm. 

If this was not what you were asking about, please provide some more specific information so we can understand your question correctly.

Start by reading the EEP information on the Firestorm wiki at https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_eep . It's a pretty good introduction to the basics and it has links to many other resources that explain how to create, import, and share environments.  The Firestorm support crew has also created a collection of about 200 converted Windlight profiles that are now available in the Library >>> Environments folder in your Firestorm viewer and can also be loaded as EEP environments with Quick Preferences.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

The Firestorm support crew has also created a collection of about 200 converted Windlight profiles that are now available in the Library >>> Environments folder in your Firestorm viewer and can also be loaded as EEP environments with Quick Preferences.

Just a FYI, those have been in the Library -> Environments folder for quite some time and they are not limited to the FS Viewer - I've been copying out favorites from there and putting them into my Settings folder for awhile in both another 3rd party viewer, that implemented EEP some time ago, and in the LL viewer.   

ETA:  Although I don't know who did the conversions - whether it was FS support crew or someone else - but I found them very handy, as I still don't know how to create my own  (I just use the ones I find in the viewer already).

Edited by MoiraKathleen
added another thought

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i think it was Whirly Fizzle who converted the windlights to EEP found in the LIbrary Environments folder

Yes it was me. LL requested that FS picked ~200 of the most commonly used & "best" of the default FS windlights to be added to the Library.
So if your pet favorite Windlight hasn't been included in the library, that's my fault  :D

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Yes it was me. LL requested that FS picked ~200 of the most commonly used & "best" of the default FS windlights to be added to the Library.
So if your pet favorite Windlight hasn't been included in the library, that's my fault  :D

Thanks for doing that.  I found it so helpful to find old familiar favorites in the Environments folder, and to also discover new ones.  One of my new favorites - because it reminds me of a foggy day similar to where I live -  is Whirly Gloomy Day.   :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.