Someone Locating and TP'ing Where You Are?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this isn't the right area for this post, but seemed to be the most logical....

Last night, I was at home and a new friend who had never been there, and has not been given mapping abilities for me, was able to TP into my home. I should also add that my home location isn't in any of my picks tabs.

How were they able to do this, and is there a way for me to prevent this from happening again?

15 minutes ago, Maia Beltran said:

Sorry if this isn't the right area for this post, but seemed to be the most logical....

Last night, I was at home and a new friend who had never been there, and has not been given mapping abilities for me, was able to TP into my home. I should also add that my home location isn't in any of my picks tabs.

How were they able to do this, and is there a way for me to prevent this from happening again?

Possibly an alt of someone you already know?

1 minute ago, Maia Beltran said:

I really don't think so

Unless they've given you something that you're wearing that has a way of seeing where you are on the grid, there isn't any other way for people to find you.  Some RLV items have that capability but I've never used that feature so I don't know if it's something you have to allow.  

If they haven't given you anything, you haven't allowed map rights, and your place isn't in your picks, that leaves alt of someone you already know.

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Unless they've given you something that you're wearing that has a way of seeing where you are on the grid, there isn't any other way for people to find you.  Some RLV items have that capability but I've never used that feature so I don't know if it's something you have to allow.  

If they haven't given you anything, you haven't allowed map rights, and your place isn't in your picks, that leaves alt of someone you already know.

No, none of those apply at all, and as far as an alt of someone I know, only one other friend has been there and I have known her for 10 years. Of course this has me a bit freaked out, and don't want to have to look over my shoulder wherever I go.

I appreciate your suggestions of what it could be 🙂

1 minute ago, Maia Beltran said:

No, none of those apply at all, and as far as an alt of someone I know, only one other friend has been there and I have known her for 10 years. Of course this has me a bit freaked out, and don't want to have to look over my shoulder wherever I go.

I appreciate your suggestions of what it could be 🙂

Did you ask them how they got there?  Personally, I'd be unfriending, blocking and banning them.  It would freak me out too and not something I'd stand for.

Just now, RowanMinx said:

Did you ask them how they got there?  Personally, I'd be unfriending, blocking and banning them.  It would freak me out too and not something I'd stand for.

I did not ask them when it happened...I was in shock that it did, and was already dealing with some other issues. I simply logged out right away, but plan on asking them when I go back in again. Yes, think I will be doing the blocking and banning thing. 

• Like 1

Revealing info or wearing something and so on - you say did not happen.

If we assume that you didn't overlook something there is a simple question: who knows your location? One of them leaked info or is using an alt and made a big mistake by showing to have info that they can't have.

And if you say you know someone. No, that's not the case. You know nothing about anybody - you know only what they told you.

Another possibility is coincidence. If I enter a sim I see who is on that sim. Probability low but not zero.

To prevent any visitor that isn't invited you'll need so use parcel settings and/or a scripted device that removes everybody that is not on the whitelist. Preferably 0 warning time. You'll need that for a skybox.

4 hours ago, Maia Beltran said:

if your friend was on the same region or close, not sure other viewers have it, but firestorm has the option to "TP to [name on friendlist]..."  he'll end on your head.

• Like 1

There's an irritating habit of some people to just double-click teleport to a green dot on the map. They will land on your head usually. If they are already in the same parcel, they will be able to see who that green dot is. If not, they have no idea, but it will "get them in the action" somewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.