Glam Affair BOM skins don't match?

ChloeKai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hate asking this question. It's only been asked a million times by now.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here. I have a Lelutka Evolution head (River) and Legacy Perky Body. I bought the Glam Affair appliers for the body (fatpack) and skin tone 006 for the head. I'm using BOM, not the appliers. I have the correct alpha on. This is what I get with CalWL sky setting. I don't have any of the neck blenders on. It should just work if the skins are the same maker, correct? I have tried the other skin tones for the body and can't find any that match. I also tried mixing and matching BOM on the head with appliers on the body and vice versa. AND I tired appliers on both head and body. They all look the same. What am I doing wrong? 

neck_001.png

Looks as if you have some sort of neck fix on.  I'm not inworld at the moment to give specifics.  If there's a neck fix button (I use legacy but don't recall.since I don't use neck fix) turn it off.

Also, glam has always worked.for me.  Are there newer and older tones available?  I don't recall.

Edited by RowanMinx

56 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Looks as if you have some sort of neck fix on.  I'm not inworld at the moment to give specifics.  If there's a neck fix button (I use legacy but don't recall.since I don't use neck fix) turn it off.

Also, glam has always worked.for me.  Are there newer and older tones available?  I don't recall.

I think I have it turned off. I've tried both ways, I believe. If I'm using the Legacy HUD correctly, that is.

Do you have specular or other textural things on either the head or the body? Body glow? Oiliness? That'll give a neck seam, if the body is set differently from the head, using the same skin.

Sorry, not inworld right now so I forget what the buttons are called and I use Genus/Maitreya anyway.

ETA: Also try a different Windlight to see if that matters. I use Strawberry Singh's Headshot or Close Up lights for that.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChloeKai said:

I think I have it turned off. I've tried both ways, I believe. If I'm using the Legacy HUD correctly, that is.

I played around with the Legacy HUD some more. I do think I had the neck fade turned on. I turned it off completely (I think) and this is the result. Is this as good as it gets? Thanks for your help @RowanMinx

neck_003.png

8 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Do you have specular or other textural things on either the head or the body? Body glow? Oiliness? That'll give a neck seam, if the body is set differently from the head, using the same skin.

Sorry, not inworld right now so I forget what the buttons are called and I use Genus/Maitreya anyway.

I don't believe I do. But These HUDs are all new to me, so it's possible I've mis-clicked something. 

21 minutes ago, ChloeKai said:

I read that in some of the stuff about Legacy bodies, but I don't have a body with SL in the description :/  image.thumb.png.e2f55672bfc9141791710144e902fc7c.png

Because it shouldn’t be the body but the head. Check LeLutka folder and find the head with SL in the name

• Like 1

Hey all.....I got this resolved. It was a combination of needing to turn off the neck fade and getting the correct neck size on the LeLutka head. All sorted now and looks great. Thank you for your help! Also, the River head doesn't have an SL head. But changing the neck size did the trick.

image.thumb.png.4801428f56a2c7d89cc596dece54ccef.png

Edited by ChloeKai
  • Like 4

On 10/17/2020 at 5:55 PM, ChloeKai said:

Hey all.....I got this resolved. It was a combination of needing to turn off the neck fade and getting the correct neck size on the LeLutka head. All sorted now and looks great. Thank you for your help! Also, the River head doesn't have an SL head. But changing the neck size did the trick.

Thanks for letting us know. It is always nice when we hear a "resolved" instead of wondering if the problem ever got fixed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.