Meshing/Texturing helpp

babivirgo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i finally got the hang of rigging but now theres this problem. anyone recognize this before? https://ibb.co/6XBW4dh

So basically theres a bunch of grids when i try to add a texture but without a texture it looks fine as a solid color but im trying to add a texture and its doing that.

I fixed it thx for the replies ❤️

Edited by babivirgo

Not a clothes maker (at least not here) but did you make the top  double sided and not leave enough room between layers?  The folks that I know that do the "whole garment double sided" way of making clothes turns them into two pieces that load separately (you can see that happen if it is laggy). I am guessing it is a linkset.  Again, not really my area so I could be WAY off :D. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Not a clothes maker (at least not here) but did you make the top  double sided and not leave enough room between layers?  The folks that I know that do the "whole garment double sided" way of making clothes turns them into two pieces that load separately (you can see that happen if it is laggy). I am guessing it is a linkset.  Again, not really my area so I could be WAY off :D. 

Thanks for the reply, but maybe not because the mesh is fine on the body its the uploading the texture part thats glitching, the mesh has lots of grids all over it, its only happening when i try to add a texture, i use marvelous designer then rig it in blender and i use the uv from marvelous 

T-T

• Like 1

You forgot half the work: You have to retopo the marvelous designer object, then unwrapp the uvs there. Do not upload stuff from md (except you already reduced density there extremly , but it doesn't look like that in the screenshot). Only ppl that have no clue about mesh for games do that (yes i know, even most "big brands" have absolutely no clue). So, if you are still learning, please do it the right way. Here is some help:

Edited by Tonk Tomcat

44 minutes ago, Tonk Tomcat said:

You forgot half the work: You have to retopo the marvelous designer object, then unwrapp the uvs there. Do not upload stuff from md (except you already reduced density there extremly , but it doesn't look like that in the screenshot). Only ppl that have no clue about mesh for games do that (yes i know, even most "big brands" have absolutely no clue). So, if you are still learning, please do it the right way. Here is some help:

Nevermind i figured it out, now im uploading perfectly fine with that same mesh :) 

but what you jus said has nothing to do with how i fixed it. This advice would’ve thrown me off if i listened to it. I asked a friend thanks anyways :) 

1 hour ago, Reiramon said:

Your accounts age and the reply to Tonk Tomcats suggestion raises a few red flags about this all, but who am I to judge. 

*goes back to hide under a rock*

weird for judging an age of an account to knowledge, ive meshed on other games such as imvu & the sims, and uploaded fine before jus ran into this issue once, i would just mind my own business if i were you ❤️ since you have nothing valuable or helpful to say. Exactly who are you? to judge :) 

20 hours ago, babivirgo said:

weird for judging an age of an account to knowledge, ive meshed on other games such as imvu & the sims, and uploaded fine before jus ran into this issue once, i would just mind my own business if i were you ❤️ since you have nothing valuable or helpful to say. Exactly who are you? to judge :) 

I'd argue that anything anyone upload on the grid is the business of every SL resident, content impacts all of us.

I'll always advise beginners to practice a lot before uploading in SL and to compare their work with game models to get a feel of what could be improved.
(And not with modders/other SL content creators because unlike professionals we can't be fired when we do a bad job)

Oh and also to learn to take in criticism with an open mind and humility.

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir
  • Like 3

Here`s some help for retopo, best remesher I have ever tried: Quad Remesher, it`s not expensive at all and there are all sorts of payment options depending on your needs...HUGE time saver and unlike Z brush rememsher or using skinning, this just works! 

Proper workflow would mean using MD for base mesh only, retopo, unwrap (blender, maya, max etc), bake normals (substance or marmoset), texturing (substance, marmoset, PS) and ofc rigging that can be done as soon as you retopo your model, plus it`s easier to rig with less geometry and good edge flow...

btw, this industry keeps evolving, new tools are introduced on daily basis, there is always more to learn and something that was good enough 2 years ago is most likely not good enough today, just how it works..To assume you know it all would be a mistake for any of us...

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.