I'm interested in making a Halloween (or holiday-themed) parcel. I need ideas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I figured since COVID is keeping us indoors, there is more of an opportunity to celebrate holidays on Second Life rather than in real life. As such, since we're less likely to visit a real life place decorated with holiday appropriate stuff, why not use Second Life to create a holiday themed place?

This is more of a passing thought, really. But I'm tempted to buy or rent a 1024 parcel to showcase my love for the holidays (in this case Halloween.) I'm not looking to directly copy anybody else's ideas, but I thought I'd make a topic where we can share ideas in case some of us are interested in doing something like this.

• Like 1

Hey there Gopi, I feel you on this. If you want some inspiration, here's something I put together:

3eebdc3039a3c8db6433be8337e59056.jpg

I would suggest by finding random things under Marketplace or going to parcels that are meant for the Halloween Season. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ignis Dismantled said:

Hey there Gopi, I feel you on this. If you want some inspiration, here's something I put together:

3eebdc3039a3c8db6433be8337e59056.jpg

I would suggest by finding random things under Marketplace or going to parcels that are meant for the Halloween Season. Good luck!

That looks really cool! Thank you!

• Thanks 1

Make a pond with monsters creeping out of it with different heights.

An animesh monster that is behind a Bush that walks out of it at times.

A path of doors and the last door are a few scripted zombies behind it.

Bubbling puddles with green ooze

Scripted cobwebs that move when walked into 

Body parts poking out of the ground 

Fog

Maybe there is quicksand somewhere being sold?

• Like 1

I am super happy to be reminded about this Halloween projector. I had noticed it on the Marketplace before, but forgotten about it. It fits so well up the stairs, lol.

Clearly I can not put the projector in the ground, since the plot and the house is as it is... But set it to 100% transparent and it still works. I can find it by selecting highlight transparent. The HUD control all the projectors if you have more than one. I could not see an other option to select projector. I solved that by deleting the script from the content of the projector before I rezzed a new one.

Hall coll.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/6/2020 at 4:41 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I figured since COVID is keeping us indoors, there is more of an opportunity to celebrate holidays on Second Life rather than in real life. As such, since we're less likely to visit a real life place decorated with holiday appropriate stuff, why not use Second Life to create a holiday themed place?

This is more of a passing thought, really. But I'm tempted to buy or rent a 1024 parcel to showcase my love for the holidays (in this case Halloween.) I'm not looking to directly copy anybody else's ideas, but I thought I'd make a topic where we can share ideas in case some of us are interested in doing something like this.

Gopi, I did a Haunted House three years ago and it was one of the best builds I ever did and I did it all by myself.  It was called "Revenge of the Twins".  It had special effects and sounds and chairs you could ride on like a ghost was moving you around.  I don't have any of those things listed right now and don't have time to get it all photographed and into my store as I sold it inworld only last year.  But, I just wanted to say (and sorry if this sounds like a plug) but all my Halloween is 50% off and my prices are absolutely rock bottom prices.  In my Halloween stuff, each item is included separate so you can set up however you like.  On the Dinkie and Tiny one, just enlarge the stuff.  Have a look.  I have DEMOS you can try of all my Halloween stuff and it's all in my Marketplace Store of what I have currently.  If you want a moving ghost, the Dinkie and Tiny one has a ghost you click on and it moves around the sim.  I don't have time to do an adult sized one but you could enlarge it.  

My idea is don't make it bloody or gorey, make it engage the mind without the gore.  The Revenge of the Twins I did was pretty darn awesome and it really engaged the mind without the gore.    

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.