BOM not loading

Evil Stacy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cannot get anything BOM to load on me or on anyone else. It's just gray and looks like it hasn't loaded. It looks to be the system avatar not being alpha out even though I am wearing the correct alpha. When I go back to appliers, everything looks fine. I've tried everything, out of idea's. Please help! I am using Catznip Viewer btw, but I have the same issue in Firestorm as well. Here is the BOM: https://prnt.sc/twcl8q and Here is using appliers: https://prnt.sc/twcugy

Are your viewers up to date? Does Catznip even support BOM in the first place?

It's interesting how the mesh body appears to have proper textures while the system body is having trouble. You'd think the mesh body would have the exact same problem if it's currently using avatar bakes..

Great username, by the way.

• Haha 1

I just had an occurrence of seeing that blotchy grey while switching to a different BOM head than I had been wearing.  The head I was switching to had a button on the HUD for enabling BOM, and I wasn't sure initially if it was on or off.  It turns out when the button was 'off' I got the blotchy grey appearance over my face, and when the button was "on" everything displayed correctly including my BOM skin and tattoo layer. 

So @Evil Stacy  I would suggest double checking and toggling the BOM button on the HUD for your body, in case it's a similar issue for you as I had happen.  When the body looks correct, try adding a system tattoo layer to confirm whether it is or is not working correctly as BOM enabled. 

Thanks for the suggestion Moira, I have tried that with my head hud, but it doesn't explain why the body is also that way too. My body is applier while my head is BOM. I have the correct alpha on and the correct buttons on/off. I've doubled checked everything. It seems like my system body isn't being alpha out. So, I took my avatar down to completely system, and it was completely gray and never rezzed in. 

Also, I guess I should mention. When logging in I am a cloud for the longest time until I rezz in with the gray.. and I have been having issues with trying to get to the marketplace. I get at timed out error unless I use a browser with a vpn. I don't know if that can affect anything, it just seems like SL has suddenly went crazy on me. I have logged in to day with a bit of a different result. Again, My head is BOM while my body is appliers. This is how I am looking now.. https://prnt.sc/twv7hz

i had a look at the grey on myself.  Seems that is either an issue with the skin and body layers not baking, or the textures not being downloaded from the server, or there is a corruption with one of more of your skin/layers textures. Either way we end up grey when is a problem with the textures

all I can suggest now is to clear cache (force asset refresh), log in to another region that you don't normally go to: like Pooley for example.  Then remove all layers and wear a system skin from Library. If this bakes ok then try to wear your normal body skin. If no problem then then try each layer one at a time

if at any time you go grey then what you added last will be the problem. If so then if you can get a redelivery if you don't already have an original vendor copy

Before I try that, a quick question.. If I log into a different avatar and have that same issue with the BOM with totally different avatar and skins etc. Would that suggest it's not the problem with textures? Because I have that problem on a different avatar as well. 

in another thread I see that you are experiencing network connection issues also. Most likely this is the cause, you are not getting textures from the server, and most likely the only textures that are rendering are those already downloaded to your cache

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, JaclynFashion said:

The only body not updated to BOM as far as I'm aware is Belleza.  The Relays for the others are not necessary if you go get a redelivery of your Maitreya and Catwa if it's 4.0 or lower.  All catwa heads 4.5 are bom ready.

Just now, Wulfie Reanimator said:

What does "updated to BOM" mean?

They updated the heads to include BOM button so you don't need a relay to use BOM as you did when it first came out.  Just grab a redelivery of your head and body if you need and they should be updated.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.