llSetCameraParams - which avatars

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I *think* camera params affect all sitters... who are sitting on that specific prim. I don't know what happens with sit targets or linksets (but I would assume camera params on root affected the whole linkset).

Permission requests are per script. Only one set of permissions can be held for one avatar. Making a new request replaces all previous permissions.

Edit: Sorry, I was thinking about the two other functions, llSetCameraAtOffset and llSetCameraEyeOffset, not llSetCameraParams.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

I'm confused by the question. llSetCameraParams operates on whichever agent the script currently has PERMISSION_CONTROL_CAMERA, which it can silently swap among all the sitters on a linkset with calls to llRequestPermissions().

If instead we're actually talking about the prim properties set by llSetCameraAtOffset and -EyeOffset, those are (obviously?) per link, whether there's a sit target there or not. (Sit target is pretty much irrelevant either way.)

7 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm confused by the question. llSetCameraParams operates on whichever agent the script currently has PERMISSION_CONTROL_CAMERA, which it can silently swap among all the sitters on a linkset with calls to llRequestPermissions().

If instead we're actually talking about the prim properties set by llSetCameraAtOffset and -EyeOffset, those are (obviously?) per link, whether there's a sit target there or not. (Sit target is pretty much irrelevant either way.)

Ah, right, llRequestPermissions specifies which avatar, and that ties the script to that agent.

You can set it for each avatar. If one avatar stands up all other cameras are reset though. (or got that fixed? I doubt that) Requires extra code to detect and fix this situation.

llSetCameraEyeOffset / llSetCameraAtOffset are a prim property and can be used as long as you have one seat per avatar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nova Convair said:

If one avatar stands up all other cameras are reset though. (or got that fixed? I doubt that) Requires extra code to detect and fix this situation.

Ah, that's why I have problems when a passenger gets off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.