Gacha Items Disappear When I Rez Them

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else had the issue of gacha items disappearing when they are rezzed on the ground and never coming back to the inventory? I have had this happen a few times, the most recent time was today.  I rezzed the music box and it disappeared. I cleared my cache and restarted the computer a few times and it never returned to my inventory at all.. The worst part is when I  ask about it, people act like they don't know anything about the issue,  I feel like it has not been a problem for anyone else. I contacted Second Life Support but I don't think they can help, they did not help me in the past when it happened. The last time it was on the third party viewer  I think it is called Firestorm, but this time it is the Second Life Viewer.  I feel disappointed in the game right now. Thinking of going back to a free account. Why pay to have your things disappear? 

Yes, it has happened to me a few times (I don't buy many no copy items and don't have that many gachas :D).  That is the danger of no copy items and certainly a problem when it comes to RARES and expensive gacha items on the secondary market. This isn't anything new for Second Life; it has been happening for well over a decade.   The failure to rez also happens with copy items, but then of course you still have the copy items in your inventory.  

SOMETIMES it is because you tried to rez the items in a house or on an object with faulty mesh physics. Sometimes it is because you didn't have the correct group tag on when you tried to rez. So checking those things will help. It also helps to ADD the item (like wearing) even when it is very large --- simply to see if the database recognizes it.  THEN when things appear OK rezzing it on the ground.    

Not a viewer issue as far as I can see as it was happening when we only had the Linden viewer :D.   

Never use Gacha.  Never ever.  Never buy no-copy. Never ever.  I don't care who goes out of business, but you will never sell that junk to me.

I'm very sorry for Elinah's woes, but the solution is in your hands folks.  Save SL, stamp out Gacha Culture.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.