No Content Loading for purchases

KwonChiyun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is anyone else having an issue, when they purchase something, whether it be off the Marketplace, or in a store... whenever I try to purchase something, it goes to the purchase menu, where you can see the contents, but... it just keeps saying "Loading Contents..." forever. It never loads anything. Marketplace items, I have bought several, and when I try to unpack them, same issue... Always just "Loading Contents..."  

It's getting extremely frustrating. I tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue, but still continues. Some assistance would be welcomed.

10 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, KwonChiyun said:

Is anyone else having an issue, when they purchase something, whether it be off the Marketplace, or in a store... whenever I try to purchase something, it goes to the purchase menu, where you can see the contents, but... it just keeps saying "Loading Contents..." forever. It never loads anything. Marketplace items, I have bought several, and when I try to unpack them, same issue... Always just "Loading Contents..."  

It's getting extremely frustrating. I tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue, but still continues. Some assistance would be welcomed.

No problems here.  When you say you haved tried everything... what exactly?  Tried to unpack in a different region?  Are you suffering lag elsewhere?  Have you restarted your router?  Connection problems?

Edited by Cindy Evanier
added a bit

I've tried going to different regions, I'm having no lag at all, my router is on a home network, had no issues for a long time, I'm not having any connection issues at all. Even when I go to an in-world shop, I click to buy something, and usually a screen with the contents pops up, before you purchase it, but it doesn't load any item for purchase. Just a blank box.

22 minutes ago, KwonChiyun said:

I've tried going to different regions, I'm having no lag at all, my router is on a home network, had no issues for a long time, I'm not having any connection issues at all. Even when I go to an in-world shop, I click to buy something, and usually a screen with the contents pops up, before you purchase it, but it doesn't load any item for purchase. Just a blank box.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but maybe there is something in it that will help you

Have tried several things now to try and get it to work, but still nothing happening. I tried cleaning and repairing registry issues, I tried logging in with the official SL viewer, still have the same issue. Just to be certain, this is a fairly new computer, all new parts, so there technically should be no issues causing this.

Edited by KwonChiyun

7 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

How large is your inventory?

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not sure how much that plays into the issue.  My inventory is roughly 150,000 and I don't typically have any problems with objects loading in the Buy window unless I'm at a packed event.

Never really had much of an issue, up until several weeks ago. And never really had issues with inventory keeping buy confirmations from loading. But inventory says it's around 12,994 elements.

ISSUE has been solved! 

The problem was just as I read in another post, that was answering Prokofy Neva's issue. I tried to run my Firestorm account as administrator, and... surprise... I could load the content of my purchased items now. So, I theorize that the Temp Folder permissions thing MAY (not saying this IS the cause) be what was preventing this from loading.

Thank you all for your assistance, I appreciate it. Just happy I can now get my purchases unpacked. ♥

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KwonChiyun said:

Never really had much of an issue, up until several weeks ago. And never really had issues with inventory keeping buy confirmations from loading. But inventory says it's around 12,994 elements.

Then it's not likely the same issue as I faced -- and I don't use Firestorm and there is no issue about administrator, I'm on the regular SL viewer.

My inventory is at 144,000 and counting over 15+ years. And at a certain point last year when it was still only like 120,000, I got so that I couldn't even log on. And I repeatedly had this content issue, and nothing would load.

The Lindens finally took over my account for several days, purged the inventory of a few bad files (not sure what they are but things can get corrupted), then more importantly, sorted unsorted files by alphabet and/or year, "My Inventory A-F" or "Notecards 2007" etc. After that, I could log on, and things loaded.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.