help - FIRESTORM says 'can't log in, firestorm problem'

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its  never given me so many problems ever.  I really don't know what to do.  A  window keeps popping up as shown attached to this post.  I'm using windows 10 64 bit, google chrome, internet signal good.   Again....  same computer I've always used.  

I was on this account earlier last night.  When I went to log on again this is when the problems started.

I'm very unsure how to do a 'clean install' of FIRESTORM.  I am specifically unsure how to save chats, history, etc.  And I do NOT want to loose my wardrobe.

i can really use some help with this issue.  Please only those with experience with this issue.  ty

I'

brie_1.png

UPDATE...  I've been working on this firestorm issue for hours.  I've reinstalled my graphic card and I've spoken to a op person on the  FIRESTORM ENGLISH inworld group.  I can seem to log into my main avi account.  And I can log into my alt using the SL VIEWER.  Upon request from the FIRESTORM group i did clear my cache and much of my teleport history.  I also updated all my drivers on my computer and restarted it several times and deleted one empty AO folder in my #firestorm folder.   This  has not helped me log into FIRESTORM using my alt.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

UPDATE...  I've been working on this firestorm issue for hours.  I've reinstalled my graphic card and I've spoken to a op person on the  FIRESTORM ENGLISH inworld group.  I can seem to log into my main avi account.  And I can log into my alt using the SL VIEWER.  Upon request from the FIRESTORM group i did clear my cache and much of my teleport history.  I also updated all my drivers on my computer and restarted it several times and deleted one empty AO folder in my #firestorm folder.   This  has not helped me log into FIRESTORM using my alt.  

Second Life had inventory and log-in problems yesterday, so the problems you encountered could have been triggered by this.

Now, a clean install will NOT make you lose your wardrobe or inventory, all your belongings, clothing, items in Second Life are stored in an internal database and will be recreated external for faster access, when you have installed Firestorm.

Normally you chat logs will also be kept, but to manually backup chat logs, you must find the roaming folder used by Firestorm on your system. To see where Firestorm has stored your chat etc., find C:\Users\[User_Name]\Appdata\Roaming\Firestorm_x64 - it will be a sub-folder named with your SL username.

To see hidden folders and files, follow the instructions from Microsoft.

OK, you made a manual backup of the chat logs.

Let us move on and purge your system good.

Uninstall Firestorm, Uninstall or remove apps and programs, find Firestorm in the list and click Uninstall.

Next will clean the system, we will use Windows 10 disk clean and clean Temporary files.

Now, reinstall Firestorm. Everything working as it should? Else: You do not inform on what computer and graphic card you have, this information is needed to solve the problems you encountered. Especial computers with older Intel onboard graphics often have problems.

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

Yeah @Alwin Alcott, I worked supporting 100 Windows users in a big organization when young, so more detailed how-to-do-it often needed. No need to be confused 😛

And we really need information on @Sandra8675's system, we only knows, she uses Windows 10 64 bit.

read the link to firestorm i gave... your vent of knowledge is just there already
and if it's a account problem all your windows blah won't help, but needs to contact support, system itself has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

*Waves hello!*

So she uses a pc, with Firestorm 64 latest.  Her graphics are Intel, this is a laptop. She logs in with her main avi just fine, stays, no issues.  Firestorm seems to work fine.  If she didn't have an avi+alt account to try, she would never know there was an issue.  She tries with her alt avi, same pc, same FS install, same graphics card etc. same internet connection and she tries relative to just having logged out of the main avi account, but it throws this Windows 10 error.  Her Windows 10 is up to date, her Intel is updated/reboot, and the issue remains.

I ask myself if the Firestorm install itself needs to be reinstalled, when it works great for hours and hours on the main avi account?  

Edited by Kyrie Deka

UPDATE...

I thought I would give update to anyone interested...

KYRIE is correct in the details.  I did contact FIRESTORM on google and had an official 'fix it' ticket.  And I was assisted by a firestorm rep on the official firestorm site.  I worked through several areas to troubleshoot with the firestorm rep. 

It turns out it was an issue with the firestorm AO in the latest version of firestorm.  This is the same AO that is promoted by many utubers, etc as easy and free to use.  I had a few bento arm movements I use a lot and some basic poses on the firestorm AO.  It was nothing to exciting.  But, what I had 'stored' on the firestorm ao caused the alt account to 'crash' as it were.  

Once i deleted every single thing out of the firestorm AO the account started working again immediately.  I will not use the firestorm AO again for any reason.  Apparently there is a connection between the firestorm ao and the newest version of firestorm 'crashing.'

The account is now working.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

UPDATE...

I thought I would give update to anyone interested...

KYRIE is correct in the details.  I did contact FIRESTORM on google and had an official 'fix it' ticket.  And I was assisted by a firestorm rep on the official firestorm site.  I worked through several areas to troubleshoot with the firestorm rep. 

It turns out it was an issue with the firestorm AO in the latest version of firestorm.  This is the same AO that is promoted by many utubers, etc as easy and free to use.  I had a few bento arm movements I use a lot and some basic poses on the firestorm AO.  It was nothing to exciting.  But, what I had 'stored' on the firestorm ao caused the alt account to 'crash' as it were.  

Once i deleted every single thing out of the firestorm AO the account started working again immediately.  I will not use the firestorm AO again for any reason.  Apparently there is a connection between the firestorm ao and the newest version of firestorm 'crashing.'

The account is now working.  

There is an AO bug in the current Firestorm Release 6.3.9, which has already been fixed for next release. We are sorry it made it into release, as it has been frustrating for some users. In the meantime, we provide 2 step-by-step methods to workaround the issue here Firestorm Wiki - AO crash on login

It's your choice of course, but for others, there's no reason not to ever use the AO again. The Client AO works just as it always has once this hurdle is overcome. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.