Belleza Jake greyed out for other user?

Stephane Beery

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

Like many here, I came back to SL after a 10 years hiatus, and wow has it changed!

My old Avatar looked like Kimmy Schmidt going out of her bunker and I decided to buy a new me. I chose Belleza Jake because I love how he looks and I like the fact that he looks good slim too. 

I am now looking fabulous (to me anyway), however my one and only friend still alive in SL cannot see me.

https://imgur.com/UZLBh6j

Any idea what that could be ? I am using the default package, nothing else.

I am also pretty SL and generally computer illiterate.

Thanks 

Edited by Stephane Beery

6 minutes ago, Stephane Beery said:

Hi everyone,

Like many here, I came back to SL after a 10 years hiatus, and wow has it changed!

My old Avatar looked like Kimmy Schmidt going out of her bunker and I decided to buy a new me. I chose Belleza Jake because I love how he looks and I like the fact that he looks good slim too. 

I am now looking fabulous (to me anyway), however my one and only friend still alive in SL cannot see me.

https://imgur.com/UZLBh6j

Any idea what that could be ? I am using the default package, nothing else.

I am also pretty SL and generally computer illiterate.

Thanks 

Can you ask your friend to take a snapshot of you and share it with you? And also, ask what viewer your friend is using, and if he/she has trouble seeing other avatars, or if it is only you.

I really don't believe your friend is trolling you and say it to make you upset. But it is helpful to see what they see. Ask your friend to check "show interface" so we can see your name tag.

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Can you ask your friend to take a snapshot of you and share it with you? And also, ask what viewer your friend is using, and if he/she has trouble seeing other avatars, or if it is only you.

I really don't believe your friend is trolling you and say it to make you upset. But it is helpful to see what they see. Ask your friend to check "show interface" so we can see your name tag.

We tried in both the SL viewer and Firestorm and he can see all other avatars fine. 

Not sure why it wont load here but here is a snapshot https://imgur.com/UZLBh6j

Edited by Stephane Beery

Oh, thanks. Do you see the red numbers under your name tag, it is your complexity. You're not being seen because your Avatar Rendering Complexity (ARC) is above the threshold your friend has set in his viewer. You can reduce your ARC and take off things. I can not see the numbers, but if they are over 100 000, it should be other things that Belleza Jake. Jewelry and hair can have a very high complexity. Or your friend has a very, very low treshold. I say that 80 000 is a normal treshold that I use.

If your friend is on Firestorm, he can go to the top menu bar "World" and select "Always render my friends normally". Problem solved.

If he has the SL official viewer, rightclick on you and choose "Always render fully". He has to repeat this every time he logs in.

Edited by Marianne Little
added more info about treshold
  • Like 1

Just now, Marianne Little said:

Oh, thanks. Do you see the red numbers under your name tag, it is your complexity. You're not being seen because your Avatar Rendering Complexity (ARC) is above the threshold your friend has set in his viewer. You can reduce your ARC and take off things. I can not see the numbers, but if they are over 100 000, it should be other things that Belleza Jake. Jewelry and hair can have a very high complexity.

If your friend is on Firestorm, he can go to the top menu bar "World" and select "Always render my friends normally". Problem solved.

If he has the SL official viewer, rightclick on you and choose "Always render fully". He has to repeat this every time he logs in.

Thank you so much! We will try that when he is online later and will let you know! My complexity is 32 484 so not that much though.

17 minutes ago, Stephane Beery said:

Thank you so much! We will try that when he is online later and will let you know! My complexity is 32 484 so not that much though.

Yes, that is low. Your friend must have trouble loading other avatars than you. He can increase 'Maximum Avatar Complexity' preference setting (Preferences > Graphics). A number of 80 000 is ok for me, and I have an off the shelf laptop without a dedicated graphics card. But if he increase the Maximum Avatar Complexity, he can experience lag, and should reduce it again and only render friends fully.

6 minutes ago, Stephane Beery said:

And now I am trying to figure out why I have two thumbs on each hand. I am slowly losing it.

2-thumbs.png

because you wear multiple bodies ... The Jake 2.1 Bento is one...2.1 Bento original is one, and 2.1 Bento Originalhand is one.... pick one at a time :)
also take off those facelights... (use windlight.. saves some attachemtn points and is less annoying for others with high settings ) take off the slink appliers ..not all in the folder has to be worn or used.
I think in the manual is explained what is what...

Edited by Alwin Alcott

13 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

because you wear multiple bodies ... The Jake 2.1 Bento is one...2.1 Bento original is one, and 2.1 Bento Originalhand is one.... pick one at a time :)
also take off those facelights... (use windlight.. saves some attachemtn points and is less annoying for others with high settings ) take off the slink appliers ..not all in the folder has to be worn or used.
I think in the manual is explained what is what...

Thanks so much. I do not know if I am slow or something but I think I had an easier time learning Korean. I will probably post more stupid questions so bear with me.

19 minutes ago, Stephane Beery said:

And now I am trying to figure out why I have two thumbs on each hand.

The multiple bodies is also most likely why your friend cannot render you properly. Once you take those off, he should be able to see you correctly.

You're also wearing additional items from that folder that are unnecessary, so in total you need to detach the following:

• Belleza - Facelight (back & front)
  • Belleza - Facelight (back only)
  • Belleza - Facelight (front only)
  • Belleza - Jake Feet Slink Appliers
  • Belleza - Jake 2.1 Bento Original
  • Belleza - Jake 2.1 Bento OriginalHand

If your friend is using Black Dragon (BD) viewer your ACI is likely well over its default limit. BD uses a different algorithm to calc ACI. So, if he uses the recommended ACI limits most people talk about, he'll have problems. My FS setting of 150k needs to be something like a 1,000k+ in BD.

If you have been wearing three bodies I say your ACI would be well above 38k. However, your name tag only shows a 5 digit complexity number.  So, we are all guessing your friend has a super low ACI limit.

There is little you can possibly ask that has not been asked several times before. Not knowing something is not stupidity. Nor is SL a puzzle one has to figure out. It does have a high learning curve. Ask your questions to get help and get past the tedious frustrating parts and to the fun stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.