Account Creation stupidity

Soa Bellios

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Alright, why can't I choose a name I want to use when making an account? Say I want to use the name Vanessa, yet the darn thing keeps telling me that name is taken. I miss the old account creation where you could choose a first name and then a last name from a list. Can someone please help me with this problem? I really don't want to added stupid and pointless numbers and symbols to the desired name I want to use.

6 answers to this question

Soa Bellios wrote:

Alright, why can't I choose a name I want to use when making an account? Say I want to use the name Vanessa, yet the darn thing keeps telling me that name is taken.

nothing anyone can do about that. if it's taken it's taken. go for a different name. or, if you do choose to add numbers to the name you want as a last solution, you should know that there are a whole bunch of vanessa[randomnumbercombo] already... :matte-motes-mad:

you are not alone in missing the first name/last name. but they are gone.

if the lab people decide to go back to the old names i will eat my polygon shoes.

Hello Soa. Unfortunately all new users (new accounts i mean) have the last name resident. That means very simply that you can not use the same first name with anyone user. If you want to use a name and someone else got it already, you need to find another. I am sorry but you can not do something else or different.

Rather than just trying for a basic first name, which will nearly all be gone by now, choose a first and last name so that you don`t have a whole load of numbers and at it will look like a proper name.

For example VanessaBellios. Then when you are inworld you can add the display name of Vanessa Bellios with the space included and it will look much cooler than Vanessa3785782

DUE TO SOME FORUM CHANGES, PLEASE USE "OPTIONS > EDIT" ON YOUR POST TO ADD FURTHER REPLIES

• Like 2

Thing is, account names are unique in SL. That's why you get the message it's taken. Someone else is called Vanessa. Like Peewee said, your best option is to make a combination of first and last name that nobody else have and then set a displayname to the one you really want.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.