Eye Help?

SulfuricAddict

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, Sulfur here. Piecing together my avatar was not an easy task, and it was much worse when I forgot to save one character as an outfit, and then had completely changed! Though I did put it back together, with one small problem - the eyes.

I'm able to adjust the eyes into the head and....they look great! But when my character turns their head.....the eyes pop out! I've tried numerous times to adjust them and even linked them to my skull, to no avail. I thought it was the eyes, so I bought another pack, just to have the same problem. And with the first set of eyes I used, they always ended up reverting back to their original spawn point. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong; so if anyone could help, that'd be great!

Head model used:
Maned Wolf Head

tl;dr:
I cant keep the eyes in my skull when i look to the side. What do?

Hi, I only use human heads and the eyes attach to eyes there. But, if you have a big head that is not human shapes, like a wolf, you will need help from others who use these heads.

I was googling in hope to find some videos, and could not find any. But I found the Marketplace ad, and there are many reviews who say they can't get any eyes to work with it, if it is the Paws Maned Wolf head.

If you bought eyes that is supposed to work with this head, contact the seller and ask: How do I use these eyes?

Or else, ask in furry groups.

I assume you have read all notecards and instructions already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SulfuricAddict said:

tl;dr:

Always look forwards.

Unless Marianne's suggested methods lead to a solution. 

4 hours ago, SulfuricAddict said:

Hello, Sulfur here. Piecing together my avatar was not an easy task, and it was much worse when I forgot to save one character as an outfit, and then had completely changed! Though I did put it back together, with one small problem - the eyes.

I'm able to adjust the eyes into the head and....they look great! But when my character turns their head.....the eyes pop out! I've tried numerous times to adjust them and even linked them to my skull, to no avail. I thought it was the eyes, so I bought another pack, just to have the same problem. And with the first set of eyes I used, they always ended up reverting back to their original spawn point. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong; so if anyone could help, that'd be great!

Head model used:
Maned Wolf Head

tl;dr:

Oddly I have recently had this same problem with two avatars (no three)  when updating with new heads. ODDLY even the system eyes don't work well with the heads. They bulge outside of the heads when you first put the head on (this on several name brands of heads so thinking it isn't the heads per se). When adjusted back into the head they have to be adjusted back into the headmore than you would think or the eyes pop out on the sides whenever animations move the eyes.   

For ME this just happened in the last couple of weeks with the Firestorm BOM viewer (also the first time I had changed heads in years so may not be a viewer thing at all, just timing).  I just changed to the new "housekeeping" FS viewer but can't say if this has helped or if the eyes (I tried a couple of brands also and as I said even system eyes were bad) OR if I just finally got them adjusted.   So it "may" not be YOU, but a problem with something else. My heads were all human and made by Genus, Akeruka and Exmachina. I tried the free Catwa head but the shape wasn't working for me so not sure if it had the same issue; I didn't test long enough to remember.  Again, I don't think it is the heads since it seemed to be a problem with all of them.  

17 hours ago, SulfuricAddict said:

Head model used:
Maned Wolf Head

tl;dr:

Did you make any changes to your head shape, using the shape sliders? Or switch to a different shape? If so, that's likely to be the problem. Furry heads generally need a very specific head shape using the shape supplied with it, or the various parts (eyes, jaw, ears) don't fit together properly. Use the shape that comes with the head and if you've changed it, get a redelivery. Also, you shouldn't change the attach point of furry eyes; leave them alone. They're not rigged and again they need to be on a particular attach point for them to work properly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.