Multiple monitors?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You'd have to set it up through your graphics card's display/control panel software. If you're in WIndows, right click on the desktop

nVidia: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3148/~/how-to-set-up-multiple-monitors

AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-014

After that, your monitors will be treated as a single one. I've had a GTX 1080 for a couple of years now, before that I had an AMD R9 290. One of the things I miss about AMD, is that I think they multi-monitor setup is just, in my opinion, better. If I knew that their OpenGL drivers had gotten better, and performance was okay, I'd move back over to AMD. 

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick

1 hour ago, Sylvia Caproni said:

Hey, I saw in another thread where you could stretch your display over two monitors, potentially putting the huds etc over on one whilst you have your world view on the main screen. How does one do this?

you can ónly put your hud etc.. at the other screen if there is at least some space ( thats needed for the huds) overlapping on the second screen. It's impossible to put huds and windows out of the viewer.
Perhaps you took the old april 1st vid from Firestorm i pasted in a post tuesday a bit to serious.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you can ónly put your hud etc.. at the other screen if there is at least some space ( thats needed for the huds) overlapping on the second screen. It's impossible to put huds and windows out of the viewer.
Perhaps you took the old april 1st vid from Firestorm i pasted in a post tuesday a bit to serious.

I was thinking they were meaning something more akin to this. But the performance hit doesn't really make it worth it. I do a similar thing with Star Trek Online--having my skill bar one the right monitor, other things on the left, leaving the centre, clear. 

Screenshot (3).png

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

The prank they insist wasn't a prank? What's the deal, was it real or does someone on the Firestorm team need to be hit in the head with a shovel for trying to make April Fools a multi-day event?

14 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

The prank they insist wasn't a prank? What's the deal, was it real or does someone on the Firestorm team need to be hit in the head with a shovel for trying to make April Fools a multi-day event?

i re posted that vid in a question related to what is done in it... as it's not possible...and not easy at all to make such feature.

1.  Set up your monitors as an "extended desktop".  For example:

monitors.thumb.jpg.c1e77b5736b9be764361a85122f960b0.jpg

2.  In the SL viewer, click the rectangle in the upper right, between the "minimize" and "X" icons.  This will make the SL viewer a positionable, re-sizable window, just as it does with any other window on your desktop.  window.jpg.90ecbfab68f1844293730647cde9d98c.jpg

3.  Grab an edge or a corner of the SL viewer window and drag it to re-size/re-position it, spanning across into the second monitor's area.

That's it!

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.