SL Educators mailing list disappeared?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Was posting to the long-lived Second Life Educators email list that has been in place since probably 2007 and it gave me back an error that it can not be found!

I tested the Nonprofit's in SL list (nonprofits@lists.secondlife.com ) as well and doing the same.

Anyone know what happened to all of the email lists - lists.secondlife.com ?

Rhiannon Chatnoir in SL

Hi again,

I was one of the regular posters to both the educators and noprofit forum (in answer to an earlier comment). (RL things during quarantine kept me from posting on the email list the last couple of months)

@Oz Linden there was the question in that last email list thread in response to your on why the archive was also taken down even if you stopped the email list part. Many of us would refer back to that since it was a knowledge-base like resource that spanned over a decade.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a replacement in the Forums for the Nonprofits list? Can that be set up for the many nonprofit/social good folks part of that community using Second Life?

Thanks,

Rhiannon Chatnoir

community manager of Nonprofit Commons in Second Life http://nonprofitcommons.org

34 minutes ago, Rhiannon Chatnoir said:

I was one of the regular posters to both the educators and noprofit forum (in answer to an earlier comment). (RL things during quarantine kept me from posting on the email list the last couple of months)

@Oz Linden there was the question in that last email list thread in response to your on why the archive was also taken down even if you stopped the email list part. Many of us would refer back to that since it was a knowledge-base like resource that spanned over a decade.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a replacement in the Forums for the Nonprofits list? Can that be set up for the many nonprofit/social good folks part of that community using Second Life?

I wasn't subscribed to either list, and that question wasn't copied to me directly, so I'm afraid I never saw it.

I had looked at the archives for both lists back a couple of years and seen almost no actual discussion; both had little more than the occasional post announcing upcoming conferences. 

There's a chance that I could restore those archives from backups and post them if they would be useful, but I'm skeptical that there was anything less than many years old that would be of current interest.

My personal philosophy (not LL policy) is to create new forums/lists when a significant fraction of the traffic in a more general one shows that there's demand. I watch a bunch of the existing forums but not nearly all and I have not seen that (certainly the old mailing list didn't have it).  If you think it would be actually used we can certainly look into creating it, but an empty forum doesn't help anyone. What do you think?

2 hours ago, Oz Linden said:

If you think it would be actually used we can certainly look into creating it, but an empty forum doesn't help anyone. What do you think?

This forum covers 2013 till now in 10 pages, so it's lightly used. Perhaps rename this forum Second Life Education and Nonprofits? Also, since event announcements are most of what was in the mailing list, would those be allowed here?

On 5/29/2020 at 2:48 PM, Parhelion Palou said:

Perhaps rename this forum Second Life Education and Nonprofits?

Also, since event announcements are most of what was in the mailing list, would those be allowed here?

Done.

and yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.