Bellisseria and Breedables

Vega Firelyte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Out of curiosity, on my Mainland parcel I pulled a bunch of kitties out of the web holding cell, rezzed them on the ground, and set them all so that they could run around the parcel.  There are 15 kitties running around - 4 of which are of breeding age and set to breed.  I pulled up the stats and watched it a while, but didn't really see any big issues.  Granted this is a region that doesn't have tons of homes on it like Bellisseria does - hell, half the region is abandoned, I think. 

Anyway, I grabbed a screen shot when 'Active Scripts' and 'Script Events' seemed to be at their highest values.  Not sure how much of the Script stuff is the kitties versus any of the other small scripted things I have rezzed versus stuff that others have rezzed - and no way of me telling, best I know.  Overall, things look okay - at least to me.

image.png.4a086de8f91cbe39f20e89cbf82220a9.png

• Like 4

It has been years since I was a kittycat breeder and back then I always had them stay in the cattery. I never rezzed them besides my one rainbow kitty Joy who is a perma pet. Forgive my ignorance please, but breeders actually use all their prim space for breedables? I don't get why they would wish to use a linden home for that. Isn't there breedables land rentals specifically for that purpose or perhaps I'm remembering wrong. 

I mean I have three daughters. One bot and two animesh babies. Hubby and I try to be as considerate as possible with neighbors. My main account has one animesh baby and my alt has one. Each are housed in separate linden homes in their respective nursery. Our daughter Felice who is a bot is never rezzed all the time. Neither are Wednesday or Edith. I've never heard of people having six of them before. One couldn't even really have a nursery for them having that many rezzed in a linden home so what's the point? O.o

Hubby and I have one kittycat a piece out, but that's about it. We aren't perfect, but we try to be considerate of neighbor's while being considerate to our family as well if that makes sense. I actually never experience lag at any of our homes. Neither has hubby. 

This all being said, I think people need to have the freedom to have their children and pets at home without neighbor's getting bent out of shape as long as nothing is excessively done. It is a mutual respect that must go both ways.

• Like 6

On 5/27/2020 at 10:29 AM, Patch Linden said:

We haven't put a hard number on it (yet) because we don't think we've seen a whole bunch of abuse of resources related to this through reporting.  If we do see that becoming a more frequently reported issue, then we would officiate it through the covenant.  Right now, we have generally made the suggestion of no more then a couple should be out at any one-time.

That is a good limit and I agree, it's reasonable.  In this case, it's 8 dogs that the individual has out.  I haven't put in any complaints about that person because I just didn't know what to do about this, hence why I asked here.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

soem pets and newer scripted horses ect are fine.

Some are not. I have a neighbor with Krafty battle pets lagging all of us. a neighbor pointed it out and 2 others and they are annoyed that anytiem they log in and pop them out in mass we can't even move objects on our parcels and sim goes red. 

IT really depends on the object, scripting, and number. example horses while riden that are animesh have a 200mb memory use and upto .005 tiem dialation.

A kraty pet uses 500mb+ and 0.05 to 0.09 each. a bunch hits well over 1.5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.