FIRESTORM

CHlC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a solution for why doesn't my firestorm launches? I've tried multiple times uninstalling and reinstalling, all day yesterday, and now it is driving me crazy. 

Before I see the suggestion of doing a clean install, allow me to say that I have deleted everything and did the clean reinstall and the results were the same. 

16 minutes ago, CHlC said:

Is there a solution for why doesn't my firestorm launches? I've tried multiple times uninstalling and reinstalling, all day yesterday, and now it is driving me crazy. 

Before I see the suggestion of doing a clean install, allow me to say that I have deleted everything and did the clean reinstall and the results were the same. 

When you say it doesn't launch, what error message do you get?

Sorry to read about your experience.. As a 13+ year  resident, I cant solve your issue, but  only suggest you call LL, or lok into your graphic  capabilities, your GCs power Or perhaps you select the  wrong download..Hope you  find out...

I was toggling with the other downloads and selected Firestorm 6.0.2 (56680) Animesh Release which started right away... So, I'm going to try updating it to the Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Bakes On Mesh Release which was the latest downloads. I'm still going to contact LL tomorrow, because that freaked me out. My computer is not the a gaming machine, which I wish, but it is the latest Mac 2019 16" edition that is trying to keep up with the latest gaming machines. 

I do thank you so much for responding that was really nice. 

19 minutes ago, Yman Juran said:

only suggest you call LL,

3 minutes ago, CHlC said:

I'm still going to contact LL tomorrow, because that freaked me out.

also 13 yrs here :)  but LL support isn't helping with firestorm. They have their own support. https://www.firestormviewer.org/
If you want help from LL they always ask to use the official viewer

Edited by Alwin Alcott

18 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

When you say it doesn't launch, what error message do you get?

It wasn't giving an error message, but it was just lingering as if it wanted to launch. I contacted Apple and the guy was extremely nice. He did a screen share and was trying to help me for an hour and still nothing. So, almost 16 hours now and I was literally about to give up until I was thinking to just start with an older download but Mac there is no 32 download. So, I installed Firestorm 6.0.2 (56680) Animesh Release, which worked surprisingly ... Now, I want to slowly upgrade back to the Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Bakes On Mesh Release, but a little nervous that it won't respond. What you think? My laptop is the latest MacBook Pro 2019 16" if that helps and it's running Catalina latest update 10.15.4 

Just now, CHlC said:

Ahhhh... gotcha! So, use the link you provided later on? 

Or if you have a version that gets you inworld, join the firestorm support group and ask there.  As Alwin said LL won't help with 3rd party viewers just the official linden one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CHlC said:

Ahhhh... gotcha! So, use the link you provided later on? 

if you are able to go inworld, there are several inworld groups for firestorm support for several languages.
You can contact indeed also by the website
perhaps @Whirly Fizzle could shine a light on this subject

Edited by Alwin Alcott

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Or if you have a version that gets you inworld, join the firestorm support group and ask there.  As Alwin said LL won't help with 3rd party viewers just the official linden one

Makes sense. Yes, finally after many hours of determination, I can finally log on and go inworld to join support group. 

Thank you both so much! What a relief to finally get back on!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHlC said:

There is one thing you missed at this stage, though it trickled out in the thread.

Windows, Mac, or Linux, and which version.

I had a fun time, earlier this week, with trying to get some software to run. Long story, nothing to do with SL, but some open source programming teams can't document their way out of a soggy wet paper bag. There was a bit of "everyone knows" in the process which nobody had bothered to document, neither before nor after a significant change.

12 minutes ago, arabellajones said:

There is one thing you missed at this stage, though it trickled out in the thread.

Windows, Mac, or Linux, and which version.

I had a fun time, earlier this week, with trying to get some software to run. Long story, nothing to do with SL, but some open source programming teams can't document their way out of a soggy wet paper bag. There was a bit of "everyone knows" in the process which nobody had bothered to document, neither before nor after a significant change.

Correct. It was later mentioned little by little as the thread grew. After hours of trying to figure out what the crap went wrong, I managed to miss the details in my prose. 

5 hours ago, arabellajones said:

Unsure what you're referring to this time around, arabellajones, but thank you for your observation. It's been duly noted. The Firestorm Wiki is a large resource of information gleaned over many years of experience and observation, as well as user contribution. It is updated constantly in an attempt to keep up with the dynamic environment of Second Life. If any resident feels that useful information which could benefit other Firestorm users is missing, by all means we invite them (also you) to put that information on a notecard and send it to Anastasia Horngold. The information received is then reviewed with other team members and cross-platform users, as necessary, and the Wiki updated accordingly. Thank you! 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 11:16 AM, Willow Wilder said:

Details beyond "doesn't launch" are especially helpful. You may be running into an installer message? It's not clear. See this page as it may help  Firestorm Wiki - macOS 10.15 Catalina Issues

Hello, Willow Wilder;

So, I just had the update for Catalina updated to 10.15.5 and after I get passed the gatekeeper to approve the app it still doesn't fully open. I'm not sure what could be the reason. 

20 minutes ago, CHlC said:

Hello, Willow Wilder;

So, I just had the update for Catalina updated to 10.15.5 and after I get passed the gatekeeper to approve the app it still doesn't fully open. I'm not sure what could be the reason. 

Hi Chlc - I'm sorry to hear that. I'm afraid I'm not sure either. Were you able to get Firestorm to launch before updating the OS? 

As a test, would you mind checking on the official Second Life Viewer please? You can download that here  https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

(Note to self: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210642#macos10155

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.