Omega Applier Help Needed

Ajay McDowwll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sorry about that first post; I'd gotten logged out, and then when I came back I couldn't type into the message field *facepalm*

Anyway, I'm trying to create an Omega applier for a tattoo for a friend.  If she were Bakes on Mesh it would be fine, except for the whole "tattoo just on the left arm" thing.  But Omega Appliers are a new beast for me.

I've got the dev kit, I made my HUD (I have successfully created texture-change HUDs that actually work for pre-made mesh clothing, so I have some knowledge of how they're assembled and the need for attention to detail in naming buttons and their descriptions), I made the notecard, dropped it and the script into the applier, recompiled and... nothing happens.

No errors show up, I've double checked to ensure I'm wearing the Maitreya applier layers, have my Maitreya HUD and the Omega System Relay HUD up and... nada.

Does anyone know of a written or video tutorial that addresses standard Omega appliers, where you do the notecard and drop in the script (rather than the Omega Advanced, which I can find) so I could check my steps and be sure I'm not missing something basic?  I'm about to boot my computer across the room, except I STRONGLY suspect/ know this is an operator error.

Hi Lillith 🙂

It's something I'm doing wrong with the notecard, I'm pretty sure; either that or I've borked my button descriptions.  I was able to create an applier using the Advanced Omega System (where you just rezz the pre-made HUD on the ground and insert the UUID in the Config script) with no problem, and it functioned on all three applier layers.  My self-created HUD functioned on zero applier layers.

I'm on Maitreya v5, and I added all three layers (clothing, underwear, tattoo).  As stated above, they worked with the Omega Advanced HUD, but not with the Omega applier HUD where you have to configure a notecard. 

I am 100% sure this is definitely a "me" error.  I either borked something in my HUD construction/ naming, or I hosed the notecard setup.  Worse yet, I'm sure it's something obvious... it's just not yet obvious to me lol.  I'll see if I can find the Omega Support Discord.

Edited to add that I found and joined it, and it's pretty dead in there... there are unaddressed questions from weeks ago.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Additional information

As far as I know for Omega, the only way to get an omega applier to work is to use the advanced Omega system  .. if you got that to work I don't understand why you are trying to do it on a self made hud?  If you need a hud for texture change you can make one using the omega appliers and stick each different texture applier on your hud  I have done that with success many times.

• Like 1

Tazzie, sheer cussedness I guess.  It's not critical at this point; I've joined the Omega Support discord and if they can help, cool.  If not, eh... obviously I'll survive 🙂  I just hate it when I've obviously borked something and can't work out what's wrong... in large part because I could repeat this mistake elsewhere, and I try to learn from each failure.

It may not be an error on your part making the HUD.  Might be an alpha conflict - have you turned on masking in the Maitreya HUD?

Another thought - the Omega appliers HUDs are very sensitive to the placement of the text. When I first started making them and make my own cubes, I had the wrong orientation (different from the default one that comes with the Dev kit), so I'd click on Top or Bra or Tattoo and nothing would happen. Check to be sure you are copying the orientation, dimensions and text layout exactly from the default one.

Edited by Arwen Serpente
saw she is wearing an Omega relay so took out that comment
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arwen Serpente said:

It may not be an error on your part making the HUD.  Might be an alpha conflict - have you turned on masking in the Maitreya HUD?

Another thought - the Omega appliers HUDs are very sensitive to the placement of the text. When I first started making them and make my own cubes, I had the wrong orientation (different from the default one that comes with the Dev kit), so I'd click on Top or Bra or Tattoo and nothing would happen. Check to be sure you are copying the orientation, dimensions and text layout exactly from the default one.

I'll give that a shot, Arwen.  It's not like I don't have time 🙂

Re alpha issues, I don't think that was the case.  I was able to use the pre-made HUD that comes with the version where you just drop the UUID into the script without a problem.  Tattoo showed up like a charm.  It was when I attempted it with my personally made HUD that it got wonky.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.