Yellow sphere has appeared on my collar.

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I was messing about with my collar settings, and suddenly a small yellow/orange sphere appeared in front of it and attached invisibly so it moves with the collar edit.

I ran out of time, but I couldn't make it disappear. It wouldn't de render.

I made a copy when I bought it, so I can replace it, but I would like to fix this yellow sphere???

Any advice gratefully received.

Edited by BelindaN

Assuming collar is mod, right click the collar and select edit, in the edit window select "select face" and left click that sphere, then in the same edit window click texture and select transparent (where it says default, transparent, blank, none), press ok.

As an alternative you can set that sphere to 100% transparency manually, but the next time you use the "stealth mode" from settings it'll show up again (that's why it appeared).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Yesterday I was messing about with my collar settings, and suddenly a small yellow/orange sphere appeared in front of it and attached invisibly so it moves with the collar edit.

I ran out of time, but I couldn't make it disappear. It wouldn't de render.

I made a copy when I bought it, so I can replace it, but I would like to fix this yellow sphere???

Any advice gratefully received.

That's what you get for dressing up "Like a middle-aged Barbie." 😁

Seriously, though, can you post a screenshot? I've seen stuff like this: props that rez an update sphere or something (emdash, for instance). But without pics, hard to tell.

Your wish is my command Kira...…………  @kiramanell

The brand is [Tethered]

I've done more testing using a copy, and the yellow sphere appears if I use stealth...……...When I unhide the collar the sphere is there. Even when there is no ownership in place.

And yeah, being a middle aged Barbie submissive is a tough call for sure...…..    

😜

SL15.png

Edited by BelindaN
  • Thanks 1

Ah. It's because the creator put the Stealth/unstealth script, or the script where that function is contained, in a part that's not supposed to have it. It's propably the anchor for the particle leash. 

Edit:
What you can try is selecting that prim, and changing the texture to transparent - NOT by using the transparancy slider, but with an actuall empty texture. The stealth mode works by using the slider, that's why it'd be useless to just use that.

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon
Adding possible solution
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Ah. It's because the creator put the Stealth/unstealth script, or the script where that function is contained, in a part that's not supposed to have it. It's propably the anchor for the particle leash. 

Edit:
What you can try is selecting that prim, and changing the texture to transparent - NOT by using the transparancy slider, but with an actuall empty texture. The stealth mode works by using the slider, that's why it'd be useless to just use that.

I think the script is simply lazy, and sets the transparency on/off for the entire collar, instead of excluding itself.

Good tip on the transparent image, though: that way the script won't set transparancy to 0 again (why, it still can, but it won't matter, visually, was the point).

@BelindaN I would definitely tell the seller about it. It should be a trivial fix.

Just now, kiramanell said:

I think the script is simply lazy, and sets the transparency on/off for the entire collar, instead of excluding itself.

Good tip on the transparent image, though: that way the script won't set transparancy to 0 again (why, it still can, but it won't matter, visually, was the point).

@BelindaN I would definitely tell the seller about it. It should be a trivial fix.

Not sure about that - most collars I have do have more invisible prims than just one in the front, the different scripts are stored in different parts, rarely in the collar itself, for some reason.

6 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I just contacted the creator by notecard...…….I tried your recommendations, but only managed to make everything invisible...…..thankfully I have copies. :)

In the edit window you need to select "edit linked" ( "select face" also works in this case), then select ( left click) that round prim you want to hide, and then apply transparent texture just to it. Hopefully creator will fix it for you, but some basic editing like that is still nice to know. To save time waiting for creator's support, and to "save" some items in case if there's no support at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

In the edit window you need to select "edit linked" ( "select face" also works in this case), then select ( left click) that round prim you want to hide, and then apply transparent texture just to it. Hopefully creator will fix it for you, but some basic editing like that is still nice to know. To save time waiting for creator's support, and to "save" some items in case if there's no support at all.

Well, I just got one myself ([Tethered] Collar - Gold 2019), because I just had to know now. :) 

The orange ball is the root prim, and becomes visible when you click 'Stealth' (in settings), and then again, to make the entire collar appear again. I even examined the sys script (it's mod/copy); and it's simply a matter of having forgotten the root prim needs to be always invisible (as I suspected). 

What steeljane42 suggested is still the best method: select the root-prim, go to the Textures tab, click on the white texture, and then, from there, just click Transparent. And your collar is fixed. :)

collar2.thumb.jpg.dd03f9435ed58c06163228f2b7703312.jpg

EDIT: It helps to tag you along, @BelindaN

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.