Where are all the waist sashes?

LilithServil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been hunting around for a suitable waist sash for a while now with no success. The ones I have found are unrigged or a sculpty and don't sit well with a ton of clipping. Anyone know where to find a good waist sash similar to this (that's modifiable!!!) that sits well on a maitreya-type build? I'm technically using the athletic regalia body, but most maitreya clothes fit it pretty well. The flappy bit behind doesn't really matter, I can easily make one with a flexi if I really need to. Any sashes I've found are either really thin and skin-tight so they don't sit above pants, or they're too high up on the body instead of sitting on the hips. There are plenty of "wrap" style jackets but they're not quite what I need. xwx  I'm surprised there aren't more like these.

wRJKh8c.png

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, LilithServil said:

Jeez still nothing? I'm kind of shocked this kind of clothing isn't more common.

Sorry but the forum doesn't have all the answers. It's just a fraction of SL's residents and a couple of trolls. It can be easy for a post to drop off the radar too, this is the first I've seen it. I don't wear Maitreya so I can't give you specifics as you desire, but since you're frustrated I'll offer what thoughts I can.

Have you looked for sashed trousers? Mesh clothes often clip, so it's just harder to mix and match than it was in the days of system and sculpts. Separate sashes and belts made more sense then. If close fitting trousers are acceptable to you, then system/applier/BOM trousers tucked into boots are one way. If you need them loose fitting, then you're limited to either luck or what someone's designed to work together.

Rigging limits options further because they can't be adjusted. Unrigged has different problems of course, but unless the pieces are designed to work together some compromise will be needed.

There's been a decrease in the variety of what's on offer. The time and skill it takes to create, size, rig, weigh and texture mesh is a big factor in that. Some genres just aren't represented any more, or an outfit here and there, usually hidden in an obscure corner of a store.

Might you have the time and inclination to learn how to make what you fancy yourself? Underserved niches only become served because someone cares enough to take the time to do it.

16 hours ago, LilithServil said:

Jeez still nothing? I'm kind of shocked this kind of clothing isn't more common.

12 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Sorry but the forum doesn't have all the answers

and don't forget it's in a totally wrong section .. it's in a creation section, while it should be in the "wanted" ..

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and don't forget it's in a totally wrong section .. it's in a creation section, while it should be in the "wanted" ..

I tried wanted already and the thread was pretty  much dead on arrival so I tried here.

What's the point of the fashion section if you're not supposed to talk about a fashion accessory/clothes...?

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you'r right about that, but you don't talk about, but request something. (= wanted)

There are multiple other threads here with people asking for or about clothing. I really don't see the issue here...?

8 hours ago, LilithServil said:

What's the point of the fashion section if you're not supposed to talk about a fashion accessory/clothes...?

Someone has to make the things you wear, and the Creation Forum is the part of the boards for questions and discussion about different types of creating. Is that a sufficient point?

5 hours ago, LilithServil said:

There are multiple other threads here with people asking for or about clothing. I really don't see the issue here...?

It's been taken over by consumers though, which makes it harder for creators to use it effectively. Probably should just be moved to the People Section now.

But putting it there could be why your original post didn't get any answers.

As for answers, I'm curious why you ignored the one you did get and went after Alwin instead. Did I just not tell you what you wanted to hear?

I don't make clothes any longer but did some recently in Sansar. ONE of the answers to the OP's question is that what she wants would be very difficult to make.  Most "waist wraps" are connected to pants or skirt etc as an outfit, not stand alone. There are a lot of technical reasons for this AND it would be almost impossible to find that type of garment as MOD. 

Hence since no one had answers, no one answered.  

:SwingingFriends:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.