why people from linden lab are giving my info to other?

Jazmine Benazzi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Hello Jazmine. Did you check that she knows really all your information in real life (like your real name, your date of birth, your adress, the number maybe of your cc etc? Did she prove that she knows your info, or just words? If it was happened, of course it is something really bad and inadmissible i could say. If you are a premium member you can use the Live Chat to report it. If you aren't a premium, maybe you can call LL or send them a mail. I don't think that you can do something else.

• Like 1

First off, you need to think about motives.  Why on earth would a Linden Lab employee tell anyone (friend or not) anything about any body in SL?  Not only would that employee's job be in jeopardy, that person would be subject real life criminal charges.  Then think about the person who told you such a thing........do you really think any Linden Lab employee would confide in someone who would boast to someone else about personal information that person obtained from an inside source?  What would any employee gain from divulging personal information?  I don't think the person who told you that is telling you the truth.  But, if you really think it's true then submit a support ticket.  You're not talking about some silly griefing game if someone got your information from an employee.........you're talking about a crime in real life.  Linden Lab is required by law to investigate.  Contact a lawyer in RL, if you don't believe LL is treating your concerns in the required manner.

What's more likely the case is that the person who told you he/she has your personal information and gained it from LL is harrassing you (only you would know a reason this person would do such a thing).  In all seriousness it's bluff.  The person may have guessed some of your personal information from little clues you might have given over the time you've spent socializing with that person.  Or, worse case, the person got into your SL account by guessing your password (or maybe you told him/her your password for some strange reason).  It would be a good idea to change your password.  I would also submit an Abuse Report against this person for harrassment..........or unauthorized access to your account.

• Like 2

As well as what the others have said, think about what information you have given to LL. When you register, you give an email address. That's all. When you add payment info you add very little info to your SL account, and not anything that anyone at LL can use to get personal info about you.

Your friend is lying to you. You're best off AR'ing the person, then mute him/her and then forget them.

- Luc -

Get them to say it again, cut and paste the conversation, especially the part where they mention the lindens, and AR them.  Paste the chatlog where they are confessing, and report them.  There is no faster way to get banned than to invoke the linden's name in vain.  They don't tolerate that, even in jest.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.