Can not log in for ages!

malonick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

What error message do you get when you try to log in? Or is there no error message at all and it just hangs?  If it hangs at a particular point in the process, what does the text say that's just underneath the progress bar?

1 minute ago, malonick said:

at times it says clock is incorrect, at times it says despite best efforts....check grid status or your network firewall! which are the same as 24 hours ago and i can be on any site but not inworld :(imageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5

Have you restarted your router/modem?

19 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

What error message do you get when you try to log in? Or is there no error message at all and it just hangs?  If it hangs at a particular point in the process, what does the text say that's just underneath the progress bar?

at times it says clock is incorrect, at times it says despite best efforts....check grid status or your network firewall! which are the same as 24 hours ago and i can be on any site but not inworld :( 

Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Sep 27 2019 22:41:52 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (2592 MHz)
Memory: 16197 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 6002.778)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.7262
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 442.74

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.03
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1700x924 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 150 kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.375
Render quality: Low (1/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 768 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2020-3-6T10:18:12 
Built with MSVC version 1800
April 19 2020 02:33:04 SLT

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

open the viewer - don't log in.  go to HELP - ABOUT  and paste the info here.  that might help someone diagnose for you

Firstly, you did the right thing to wait for 24 hours and try again, and resetting the router always a good idea too (and obviously checking the grid status page just in case it's Linden Lab's end).

Whenever this has happened to me, it usually does so right after a Windows Update. Check your updates history, go back one if needs be (via system restore).

Edited by Marigold Devin
jumpy with caffeine this morning, and brain a bit haywire
  • Like 1

Your build of Win10 Windows 10 64-bit (Build 6002.778) is not in the list of builds that MS currently has published. If you have not been updating, do so. The current build is Version 1903 (OS build 18362). You may have a version that is before the network encryption updated. The update was a late 2019 to early 2020 change. I thought they locked out non-current TLS security some time ago. But, they may just be getting around to it. Whatever the reason, update.

Those that have problems with Win10 updates are usually running older hardware who's manufacturers are not providing updated drivers. I'm not saying MS doesn't screw things up from time to time. But, they typically fix their goof within a week or so... occasionally longer.

Is there a reason you have bandwidth set to 150 kbit/s? Typically this is set to 1500. Experimentation may show another value works better, higher or lower. You need to test the value you use. I suggest you set it to 1500 while trying to solve your login issue.

Since you can't log in we can't see the numbers for the quality of your connection to SL. So, you'll need to it. See my testing tutorial Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection here.

Since you can't login, here is the IP Address of one of the region servers: 216.82.50.55 or you can query this domain name: sim10333.agni.lindenlab.com. Use this for testing. The IP address is probably good for a week or so...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Your build of Win10 Windows 10 64-bit (Build 6002.778) is not in the list of builds that MS currently has published. If you have not been updating, do so. The current build is Version 1903 (OS build 18362). You may have a version that is before the network encryption updated. The update was a late 2019 to early 2020 change. I thought they locked out non-current TLS security some time ago. But, they may just be getting around to it. Whatever the reason, update.

Those that have problems with Win10 updates are usually running older hardware who's manufacturers are not providing updated drivers. I'm not saying MS doesn't screw things up from time to time. But, they typically fix their goof within a week or so... occasionally longer.

Is there a reason you have bandwidth set to 150 kbit/s? Typically this is set to 1500. Experimentation may show another value works better, higher or lower. You need to test the value you use. I suggest you set it to 1500 while trying to solve your login issue.

Since you can't log in we can't see the numbers for the quality of your connection to SL. So, you'll need to it. See my testing tutorial Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection here.

Since you can't login, here is the IP Address of one of the region servers: 216.82.50.55 or you can query this domain name: sim10333.agni.lindenlab.com. Use this for testing. The IP address is probably good for a week or so...

got it back to Window 10 Pro, 1909 OS build 18363.778  as my wifi gets slow it was working well on 150kbit/s but i have increased it to 550kbit/s. also made tickets to LL (status is processing) read your blog thank you! tried speedtest it seems ok otherwise..will speak to service provider too, wish me luck :)) 

14 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

i now i keep getting error 'unable to connect to simulator'

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.