HOUSEBOAT SONG

SCHY Cloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, SCHY Cloud said:

Actually I can find houseboats and name the land but when its taking you to the houseboat screen pops up that you have mede too many attempts and come back after 24 hours. I stoppe and tried after few hours it tells me I cannot be allocated the land as I had made too many attempts ... scratches her head....

I did choose more than 5 different locations and boat styles trying to get one that suited me best .... it said no where I shouldnt do this and not do that so i was disappointed and all lost

As BJoyful said, you can change the actual style of Houseboat, using the Life Preserver that is right next to the Houseboat -- so only ever give one up if you don't like the location or type of parcel (some are square and some are rectangle).

wow awesome so you can like house styles change boat types ... but not location :((

I swear I only let go because of shape of the parcel they were all rectangle I wanted square I feel cramped up in long rectangular shape

Edited by SCHY Cloud
adding more

I have tried like same time I started my search yesterday after 24 hours  :((((((( but stil I get the boat and name the land but then I get this message....

We're Sorry...

Yo

We're Sorry...

You have reached the maximum number of Linden Homes ownership attempts. Please try again in 24 hours.

Edited by SCHY Cloud
adding text

The 24 hours starts from each abandon that you do. If you abandon a home at 9:00, 9:15, 9:18, 9:25, and 10:00 today, then you can't claim another home till tomorrow starting at 9:00 (then you have to wait till 9:15 for the second try, 9:18 for the third, etc.) It is the same rule everyone else has to play by: Five abandons in 24 hours. 

So yes, if you use all your 5 in one day, you will get the message again tomorrow until the 24 hours has run for each abandon time from today. Keep track of your times, and you won't have to worry about seeing it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Five abandons in 24 hours.

It is actually 5 'claims' per 24 hours.  If I have held my home for many days and then one day I decide to abandon it and then follow that up with a series of claim/abandon actions, my 5th abandon would happen after claiming the 4th home that day.  Yet the system will allow to claim one more.

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The 24 hours starts from each abandon that you do. If you abandon a home at 9:00, 9:15, 9:18, 9:25, and 10:00 today, then you can't claim another home till tomorrow starting at 9:00 (then you have to wait till 9:15 for the second try, 9:18 for the third, etc.)

Actually, I think from testing I figured out that it is based on the time you actually claim a home - either the timestamp of clicking on the Accept Terms page or the timestamp of when they give you the home coordinates page (typically there would only be a few seconds difference there).

When we are home hopping, the claim & abandon times are often within minutes, if not seconds.  However, there were a few times that I claimed one while at work and did not abandon until hours later.  After I hit my max of 5, I was able to get another midday the next day, at a time that would correspond to when I claimed the one at work, not when I abandoned it that afternoon - and then I couldn't get another one until I got into the late afternoon hours that would correspond with when I was done working.  I kept detailed notes on this once, but can't find them at the moment.  

So, using your times in the post, for the one that was abandoned at 9:00, if you actually claimed it at 8:00, then I think you can get another at 8:00 the next day.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is actually 5 'claims' per 24 hours.  If I have held my home for many days and then one day I decide to abandon it and then follow that up with a series of claim/abandon actions, my 5th abandon would happen after claiming the 4th home that day.  Yet the system will allow to claim one more.

Actually, I think from testing I figured out that it is based on the time you actually claim a home - either the timestamp of clicking on the Accept Terms page or the timestamp of when they give you the home coordinates page (typically there would only be a few seconds difference there).

When we are home hopping, the claim & abandon times are often within minutes, if not seconds.  However, there were a few times that I claimed one while at work and did not abandon until hours later.  After I hit my max of 5, I was able to get another midday the next day, at a time that would correspond to when I claimed the one at work, not when I abandoned it that afternoon - and then I couldn't get another one until I got into the late afternoon hours that would correspond with when I was done working.  I kept detailed notes on this once, but can't find them at the moment.  

So, using your times in the post, for the one that was abandoned at 9:00, if you actually claimed it at 8:00, then I think you can get another at 8:00 the next day.  

Actually (lol), it seems to work for me exactly as I said, BUT I can't claim to have bothered to track it to the second. *shrugs*

55 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

47 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Actually (lol), it seems to work for me exactly as I said, BUT I can't claim to have bothered to track it to the second. *shrugs*

As I was curious I tried this and can confirm it is as LittleMe says. I abandoned my Log home I'd had a few days yesterday at 2:20PM. I was able to claim 5 houses just now.

On 4/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, SCHY Cloud said:

Well... the Saga comes to an end thank you all for your inputs I got my new home come and visit me when you get time if you desire in sl ty again and Bye

Glad you got your dream home!  I totally get it about feeling cramped.  Sometimes it just doesn't look or feel right.  There are plenty of houseboats that have a bit more water around them, or attached to land.  It's all personal preferences.  If you do tire of it, go ahead and abandon it.  Just realize that houseboats are currently the most hard to get.  It's all supply and demand.

If you do abandon, may e first let folks know on the When was the last time... thread.  Maybe include a picture, and a slurl.

Speaking of slurls, I'd love to visit your home, but I don't know where it is.  You can create a slurl by copying the location in the firestorm address bar and then pasting it in this forum thread.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.