HOUSEBOAT SONG

SCHY Cloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Lindens have said that in addition to the new log homes they plan to add more traditional houses and houseboats, so keep watching there should be more in the future (no timeline has been given though).

On the home page I think it appears under Belliseria. If there are none left it might not show up. They do seem to be a bit scarce at the moment. Keep an eye on the following threads which may help. In the first one residents often announce if they are abandoning their home, so you might find one by checking there.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439050-when-did-you-last-see-a-bellessarian-home-available/

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/452050-%F0%9F%8F%A1-currently-available-linden-homes-%F0%9F%91%80/

10 minutes ago, SCHY Cloud said:

Any tips

what will it appear under Belliseria , meadow tahoe elderglen or something didfferent

It will appear under Belliseria. When I was going for a vic I just casually refreshed the page whenever I thought to do it and I saw quite a few houseboats duringt hat time. It takes patience but it'll be so much sweeter when you finally get it!

22 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Yes, there's lots of sailable waters around the houseboats and you can even sail all the way south to Jeogeot continent too

And north to Sanara and even to Hectocera continents (via channel). 

On that refresh thing... It's some number of refreshes within 10 minutes. (I think its 10 refreshes in 10 minutes) . So, as mentioned, casually refresh, and minimize window to come back and try a time or two. Could close that window too.. just make sure! They don't seem to count repeatedly page hits, just refreshes. Yeah hate that 24 hour thing! 

Houseboat will come up as a choice when available, they do appear! Those are 1024sqm.. so you need you full tier available to lock it in.

Edited by TechDave

32 minutes ago, SCHY Cloud said:

I didnt know there was an attempt limit for trying to choose a home :((( now I been told try 24 hours later... as if Mr. Linden got tired of showing me different homes

The limits are:

You can refresh a maximum of 10 times in a minute - or something close to that.

You can claim a total of 5 homes per 24 hours.  The 24 hours is a rolling timestamp based on when you claimed the home.  So if you claim a home at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00, you'll get timed out until 1:00 the next day.  Then you can claim one, but no more until 2:00, etc....   If you only want a houseboat, then don't claim any other type of home, so that you save you tries for when a houseboat shows up.

See this thread for more help on how to get a houseboat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is not the time to spend precious moments refreshing the land page. Houseboats have always been in demand, and in general, hard to come by. It seems to me that there won’t be releases of new regions of Trads, Vics, or houseboats until most of the log homes are claimed. Having a houseboat was what drew me to Bellisseria in May 2019. It took me until August 23 (the date is etched in my mind) to land one during a release. It felt like a miracle. I kept it until recently when I landed some beautiful abandons of Trads and Vics on water. 

It might take longer than you anticipate, but eventually you’ll get a houseboat. Keep hope alive! 

• Like 1

Actually I can find houseboats and name the land but when its taking you to the houseboat screen pops up that you have mede too many attempts and come back after 24 hours. I stoppe and tried after few hours it tells me I cannot be allocated the land as I had made too many attempts ... scratches her head....

Edited by SCHY Cloud
I did choose more than 5 different locations and boat styles trying to get one that suited me best .... it said no where I shouldnt do this and not do that so i was disappointed and all lost

I’m glad that you’re actually able to select a houseboat. You’re allowed to abandon 5 homes in a 24-hour period, then you got locked out of choosing another for 24 hours. It’s based on the time of abandonment. If you abandon a house at 9:15 a.m., another at 10:00 a.m. and then 3 around 10 p.m., you’d be locked out until 9:15 the next morning. You’d only have one try until 10:O0 a.m. rolls around. I have a tendency to get locked out at weird hours. 

Now I did not make note of what time I got locked out. So 24 hours from there onwards I don't know. If I made another attempt before I will probably get flaged again extending another 24 hours and this could go on.there is no specific guidance that you can try tomorrow xx:xx:xx hrs slt 

5 minutes ago, SCHY Cloud said:

Now I did not make note of what time I got locked out. So 24 hours from there onwards I don't know. If I made another attempt before I will probably get flaged again extending another 24 hours and this could go on.there is no specific guidance that you can try tomorrow xx:xx:xx hrs slt 

Check your TP history in your viewer. It should show you what times you went to the various parcels that you claimed and abandoned. 

ETA: There is no penalty for trying again before the 24 hs is up. You just don't get to claim a home early is all. No flags are involved. The 24 hrs runs from when you abandon each parcel, not from when you click on the page.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

55 minutes ago, SCHY Cloud said:

Ok my viewer wont let me stretch the timestampfull out but I guess its 1:30 AM slt ... roughly

https://gyazo.com/413e47a96c8d26386f779fc33308048f

I am using firestorm I dont know how to stretch those windows fully

Hover your mouse over the side of the box or in one of the corners until a little double arrow appears. When you see that, click and drag the box to make it wider/bigger. 

ETA: In the lower left corner of the box is where you can adjust settings. I uncheck Show Position in mine, which clears up some space in the box.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

4 hours ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

This is not the time to spend precious moments refreshing the land page. Houseboats have always been in demand, and in general, hard to come by.

The fact that the houseboats are in high demand and hard to come by is exactly why doing lots of refreshes will be needed to nab one before they do the next release of houseboats.  The automated refreshing is probably about the only way anyone will manage to grab one of the few abandons right now.

• Like 1

Did someone say, Houseboat Song?  (to the tune of Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh by Alan Sherman)

Hello Lindens, hello Moles

Seems refreshing's

Got some holes!

Got a cabin in the forest

But no boaties tho I've even found my floaties

(chrous)

Take me HOME

Oh Muddah, Fadduh

Take me HOME

I love the waddah

Don't leave me out in the forest where

I might

Get eaten by a bear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The fact that the houseboats are in high demand and hard to come by is exactly why doing lots of refreshes will be needed to nab one before they do the next release of houseboats.  The automated refreshing is probably about the only way anyone will manage to grab one of the few abandons right now.

We’re going to have to agree to disagree about this. I don’t bother to refresh anymore. When I see something on the land page I want, I click on it and usually get it. That includes houseboats. I’m sure that will change once the log home inventory is depleted. In the meantime, I’m enjoying seeing Bellisseria consistently on the land page. 

8 hours ago, SCHY Cloud said:

Actually I can find houseboats and name the land but when its taking you to the houseboat screen pops up that you have mede too many attempts and come back after 24 hours. I stoppe and tried after few hours it tells me I cannot be allocated the land as I had made too many attempts ... scratches her head....

Did you know that you can change the model of Houseboat once you get a location you like?  There is a life preserver on each parcel which you click and can switch to any of 4 models of Houseboat on your land ♥  (All the new themes of Linden Homes have this feature)  Good luck and Welcome to Bellisseria.  Please feel free to come and explore and say hello while you are waiting :)  ...look for masses of green dots on your Mini-map! :D 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.