ballparkdogg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

49 minutes ago, ballparkdogg said:

Not sure if this is the right forum and only for my own curiosity,  can you hide your profile so its unsearchable in SL??

No, you can not.  lsl has a few functions for calling of the information too, so even if you could hide it, the system could pull it and give people the information that way.

can have the inworld search not find your Profile

in the Linden viewer:  menu: Me \ Preferences \ Privacy \ Show my profile info in Search results (untick)

other limiting viewer functions are your Profile page  Privacy tab, set the options to the most restrictive settings

3 hours ago, Mollymews said:

can have the inworld search not find your Profile

in the Linden viewer:  menu: Me \ Preferences \ Privacy \ Show my profile info in Search results (untick)

other limiting viewer functions are your Profile page  Privacy tab, set the options to the most restrictive settings

it's still visible on lsl calls and there are other ways of getting the information even if you hide it,  there are bots that can get any information. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

it's still visible on lsl calls and there are other ways of getting the information even if you hide it,  there are bots that can get any information. 

LSL getting your profile information is not a problem. OP wanted to know whether it is possible to hide your profile information from search, LSL can't search.

LSL can only do the same things we can do as well in that regards, we can just open OP's profile if we get his UUID, we can create SLURL's and we can still open OP's profile if he's around us but that that's not what OP wanted to prevent, just the search, presumably to hide from an angry ex or a stalker.

Edited by NiranV Dean

On 4/8/2020 at 8:28 AM, NiranV Dean said:

LSL getting your profile information is not a problem. OP wanted to know whether it is possible to hide your profile information from search, LSL can't search.

LSL can only do the same things we can do as well in that regards, we can just open OP's profile if we get his UUID, we can create SLURL's and we can still open OP's profile if he's around us but that that's not what OP wanted to prevent, just the search, presumably to hide from an angry ex or a stalker.

Wow... you let them live? What a concept...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Wow... you let them live? What a concept...

Germany doesn't have death sentence as punishment, not even for genocide. Pretty sure you'd get like "lifetime" prison for something like that, lifetime meaning 15 years here. There are cases where multi-lifetime timeframes are issued but i think you know how pointless that is regardless of what lifetime means, especially when these kind of people get reduced punishment because they were not accountable for what they did (possibly mentally/psychically insane and/or drunk/drugged) and on top get out earlier due to good behavior in prison just so they start murdering the prison guard on the way out.

I wouldn't sentence an angry ex to death... in fact i don't know a good punishment for someone like that, i'd simply do whatever they did to someone else and do it to them just like with everything else. Just repeat after them, let them taste their own medicine. Oh well.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.