abandoned land

Galdriel Inglewood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Well, an entire region is 256m x 256m, so that's 65,536 sq m.  The smallest amount of land that you can parcel off is 4m x 4m, or 16 sq m.  If you were a premium member of SL, you would be entitled to a monthly land fee waiver on a 1,024 sq m parcel of land, which is a typical house-size parcel.  So, there are three benchmarks for you.

As for Land Impact (or "prims", if you want to use the old measure), a 512 sq m parcel has a L.I. capacity of 175, so that means 0.3418 L.I. per sq m.  That's true anywhere in SL, in the Mainland estate or in private estates, although a landowner has the discretion to rebalance the total land impact for a region by giving all parcels a larger share of the total and decreasing the L.I. on his own parcel.  So, there's your other benchmark.

I suggest taking a little time to read selected articles about land in the Knowledge Base  and then maybe taking Lindal Kidd's free class on owning and managing land, offered every Saturday at Caledon Oxbridge University in world.  In fact, do a quick search for Caledon Oxbridge and then visit to check out their full list of tutorials and free classes.  It's a good way to get solid answers to a lot of basic questions about SL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

...As for Land Impact (or "prims", if you want to use the old measure), a 512 sq m parcel has a L.I. capacity of 175, so that means 0.3418 L.I. per sq m.  That's true anywhere in SL, in the Mainland estate or in private estates...

A small correction:  Land impact for different parcel sizes is slightly affected by rounding errors.  For example, a 512 parcel has a capacity of 175, but a 1024 parcel has a capacity of 351, not exactly 2 x 175 = 350.  A more exact figure is 22,500 prims per region / 65,536 sq m per region = 0.3433 prims per sq m.  That's for Mainland.  Private estates have three possibilities. 

A regular, "full performance" region has a capacity of 20,000, or 0.3052 prims per sq m. 

Some estate owners pay an extra fee to get more capacity.  Those regions have a capacity of 30,000, or 0.4578 prims per sq. m. 

Finally, there are some estates that offer land on "Homestead" regions, which have a capacity of only 5,000, or 0.0763 per sq. m.

Here's a handy table.

1447083165_LandImpactAllowance512.png.709d7af049229eced545d300de453387.png

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.