ClNDARELLA

Unable to use paypal to buy Lindens?

Question

I was attempting to purchase Lindens for the first time today using my active and updated PayPal account.  Unfortunately, it's not allowing me to make a purchase.  The following is the message I get when it's processing:

To use your PayPal account with Second Life, it must be verified with a bank account  "click here for more information"

There was a problem with your PayPal account. Please contact PayPal to resolve the issue, then try again.

I checked and rechecked PayPal and it's showing the credit card info I use, but I've never had to list a bank account to make purchases using PayPal  for anything.  I'm totally baffled..What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

3 answers to this question

It's not Linden Lab that needs to have a bank account.  It's PayPal.  What Linden Lab requires is that you have a PayPal account that has been verified by a bank -- that is, you have some backup source of funding.  When you log in to PayPal, you should be able to find their instructions for verifying your account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To add to Rolig's comment...

A PayPal account can be "verified" (backed up) by either a major credit card or a RL bank account (I don't THINK Linden Lab requires the bank account route, and I don't think they even know which method you've used...although I could be wrong about both).  Whichever method you use, I recommend transferring enough money into your PayPal account to cover planned purchases/bills from LL, it makes the process go much more smoothly.

• Like 1